Home

moss to vikings will be in this weeks roster update?

This is a discussion on moss to vikings will be in this weeks roster update? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:03 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: moss to vikings will be in this weeks roster update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
My guess is no if the roster update is going to come out tomorrow. No way they put a trade in that happened on the same day that the roster is released
damn, i guess i'll have to manually trade him
Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 AM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeg1713
damn, i guess i'll have to manually trade him
As a Patriots fan, this both hurts and makes sense. Honestly, this isn't 2007 anymore. The value that we will be getting for Moss is worth far more than keeping him on the team. I'll miss him, but Brady has been "missing him" as well, you know, with his passes. The lack of that deep threat hurts, and that was what made the 07 season so crazy. Brady + an amazing receiver = super season. However, after coming back from his injury last year, and so far this year, the Brady/Moss combo really isn't there. Not even a shadow of what 2007's combo once was.

Instead, I wish Favre and the Vikings the best. I am rooting for Favre to finally win his second ring and go out like a champion. What a magical season it could be with this slow start, to get Randy Moss and go all the way. Getting Rice back later in the year in time for the play offs is what could really put the Vikings over the top as long as they remain in the play off hunt.

Back to the Patriots; they still have Wes Welker, Wes Welker #2 in Julian Edelman, and Wes Welker #3 in little Danny Woodhead. Along with a pair of rookie Tight Ends who have been playing really well, I honestly do not see NE losing in this trade. The draft selection they received from Oakland last year for Seymore and they one or more they will get for Moss should make one heck of a draft this off-season and help NE continue to rebuild that defense in order to make another Super Bowl push before Tom gets too old and retires. I honestly like the moves the Patriots have been making and have no real reason to doubt Bill.

Finally, it'll be fun to see Moss back in purple. Likely back in his #84.

Last edited by PGaither84; 10-06-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
As a Patriots fan, this both hursts and makes sense. Honestly, this isn't 2007 anymore. The value that we will be getting for Moss is worth far more than keeping him on the team. I'll miss him, but Brady has been "missing him" as well, you know, with his passes. The lack of that deep threat hurts,adn that was what made the 07 season so crazy. Brady + an amazing receiver = super season. However, after coming back fro his injury last year and so far this year, the Brady moss combo really isn't there. Not even a shadow of what 2007's combo once was.

Instead, I wish Favre and the Vikings the best. i am rooting for Favre to finally win his second and go out like a champion. What a magical season it could be with this slow start, to get Randy Moss and go all the way, getting Rice back later in the year in time for the play offs.

Back to the Patriots, they still have Wes Welker, Wes Welker #2 in Julian Edelman, and Wes Welker #3 in little Danny Woodhead. Along with a pair of rookie Tight Ends who have been playine really well, I honestly do not see NE losing in this trade. The draft selection they received from Oakland last year for Seymore and they one or more they will get for Moss should make one heck of a draft and help NE continue to rebuild that defense and make another Super Bowl push before Tom gets too old and retires. I honestly like the moves the Patriots have been making, and have no real reason to doubt Bill.

Finally, it'll be fun to see Moss back in purple, likely back in his #84.
That's good stuff Gaither! I live in New England and know how talk radio treats situations like this and you are speaking logically and without emotion. I wouldn't want to trade Moss if it were my team but decisions like this are carefully thought out, especially by Belichick. I think it will benefit both the Pats and Vikes. The Vikes may get a few good years out of Moss but the Pats are in a rebuilding phase, at least if you ask me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

They're getting a 3rd round pick. Its happening.

Are draft picks included in roster updates? So in Madden will the pats get a 3rd round pick in 2011? Or will it just send Moss to the Vikes in the roster update and the Patriots essentially get nothing for it in the video game?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #13
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
lol you guys know thats probably not happening right? it's a scare tactic by belichek. if it does happen you're mortgaging the future for the next two years on the shoulders of favre and moss
Good call bro
Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
Good call bro
Trade is already official, FYI.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #15
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
lol you guys know thats probably not happening right?

Really?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #16
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed
Trade is already official, FYI.
uhhh, no kidding.. I wasn't being serious when I said 'good call bro'

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »