Home

I will be astounded if any franchise players disagree with the following:

This is a discussion on I will be astounded if any franchise players disagree with the following: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I will be astounded if any franchise players disagree with the following:

Yeah, I would like that. NHL gives you the option of where you want to start, the draft, or the start of the season.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

I can see where a lot of people would either not like this as the only way or not care about this being an option though. Many players play as their favorite team and like the way that team plays or builds their team so I can see why they would want to just stick with who their team picks. For those of us who look to build up the worst teams in the league, we are the ones who would most enjoy this
Old 10-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 17

There are some pretty easy things you can do to work around this.

If you play as though the Bills would somehow get the 1st pick from the Rams make roster edits prior to starting the franchise with semi-realistic trade measures. If you want to trade future draft picks, trade them once you start your franchise.

Or if you want to control your team post draft, sim the first season and take over.

I personally don't care for this option and all I do is play offline franchise.

I believe there are a lot of other priority changes that need to be made.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I can see where a lot of people would either not like this as the only way or not care about this being an option though. Many players play as their favorite team and like the way that team plays or builds their team so I can see why they would want to just stick with who their team picks. For those of us who look to build up the worst teams in the league, we are the ones who would most enjoy this
But if the team you use made picks you didn't like in the preceding draft, wouldn't that make rebuilding them even more of a challenge?
Old 10-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I wouldn't want that feature at all, and franchise mode is pretty much all I play. Even if I was unhappy with my team's picks, I'll just try to make up for it the next year's draft.

I mean, I guess I can see some use for that feature, but I'm not sure how many people would actually use it.
Yep, I'm with you. Nothing I'd use (and franchise is all I play also).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #22
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

it would've been sweet to snag chris johnson instead of felix jones. but i still prefer the actual rosters, so i wouldn't have done it anyway.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergatti
I want to be able to engage in the draft of the immediately preceding offseason's draft.

The only game I can remember that provided this was Head Coach, the year of Reggie Bush.

This is especially important for fans of teams that do not have a quarterback prospect. Every year, I'll play with the Bills, and wish they had drafted Clausen or traded up for Bradford (this year), traded for Sanchez (last year) . . . so on and so forth . . . all the way back to 2004 (Roethlisberger or Eli).

Of course, it doesn't have to be for a quarterback. It could be for any rookie, or if you think in your GM wisdom that the team should have made a better choice in the fourth or fifth round (perhaps you are a fan of a college player whose NFL team also needed a tight end -- Aaron Hernandez)
Trading for such a rookie in the pre-season just seems opportunistic and inappropriate. (Although it would be different if you could trade future years' draft picks, ex. 2011 1st to get someone in 2010 1st round).

I will be disappointed if the enhanced franchise mode of next year does not include this feature.
Honestly, who do they have to trade for those kind of QB's?!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #24
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Yes, yes, yes. Asked for it before Head Coach 09 came out and they delivered. It's about time for Madden to do the same.

It would be a travesty if we don't get all of the Head Coach features in Madden 12.
^^ This. If they did nothing but basically morph Head Coach onto Madden 12, I'd be hard pressed to find anything major to complain about.

Also, I don't see a problem with options. If you like the offseason schedule the way it has been in Madden, play that way. If you want to mix things up and redo the entire offseason in your own style, then I wouldn't mind having the option. This is something that I would at least try out if it was available, although I don't know if it would become my preferred franchise setup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »