Home

how to substitute mirror visors? (what do you all think?)

This is a discussion on how to substitute mirror visors? (what do you all think?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
how to substitute mirror visors? (what do you all think?)

b/c EA somehow forgot to add the accessory of the mirror/silver/smoke visor (I heard the visors in NCAA 2004 look better, but not by much), would you think it would be more appropriate to give guys like McGahee and Ricky Williams be given a dark visor instead of a clear one ingame? A very important question is that why should McGahee have a dark visor ingame and ricky a clear one when they both have miror visors? I own the PC version, but when I play it on console, this problem isn't nearly as bad, b/c the visors are much more reflective; therefore, making a clear Ricky visor look like a mirror visor if you look at it at the right angle.
Please don't ridicule me for raising this issue. I know there are much bigger concerns this year (like DB AI and proper blocking), but I was just curious as to how something so simple could slip by and how we can best fix it. thanks all

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 04:57 PM   #2
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: how to substitute mirror visors? (what do you all think?)

Quote:

augustus said:
b/c EA somehow forgot to add the accessory of the mirror/silver/smoke visor (I heard the visors in NCAA 2004 look better, but not by much), would you think it would be more appropriate to give guys like McGahee and Ricky Williams be given a dark visor instead of a clear one ingame? A very important question is that why should McGahee have a dark visor ingame and ricky a clear one when they both have miror visors? I own the PC version, but when I play it on console, this problem isn't nearly as bad, b/c the visors are much more reflective; therefore, making a clear Ricky visor look like a mirror visor if you look at it at the right angle.
Please don't ridicule me for raising this issue. I know there are much bigger concerns this year (like DB AI and proper blocking), but I was just curious as to how something so simple could slip by and how we can best fix it. thanks all

this is the only thing ea is terrible at doing, the dark one in madden and ncaa isnt even dark, u can still see the players eyes. and the clear ones arnt bad but still need a lot of work, and they need to add the mirror one
Old 08-06-2003, 09:54 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

This is because reflective visors are basically illeagal in the NFL now, unless the NFL waives it for a player, which is done on a case by case basis and is becoming increasingly rare. BTW LaDainian Tomlinson just receive permission to wear a mirrored visor.

Old 08-06-2003, 09:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
This is because reflective visors are basically illeagal in the NFL now, unless the NFL waives it for a player, which is done on a case by case basis and is becoming increasingly rare. BTW LaDainian Tomlinson just receive permission to wear a mirrored visor.

Where did you hear this? i hope he wears it. It will look tight.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:39 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

Makaveli said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:

Where did you hear this? i hope he wears it. It will look tight.

Heard it from a friend on the training staff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 11:29 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

LOL, just heard it again on the radio. Right after you asked that. Funny how stuff like that works.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:24 AM   #7
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
LOL, just heard it again on the radio. Right after you asked that. Funny how stuff like that works.

doesnt ricky williams where one a lot also??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »