Home

Players disappearing in offline franchise

This is a discussion on Players disappearing in offline franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
Rookie

IvanCalderon90's Arena

OVR: 2
Players disappearing in offline franchise

Anyone else have this problem? Seems the players start disappearing in the 4th year. On the roster but they are not available for games. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Players disappearing in offline franchise

I havent heard of this...

However my farthest along OffLine 'Chise is in year 3, and now you're making me nervous... lol
Old 10-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
Rookie

I have had this hapen on earlyer games like last year devin hester kept disapearing off my team, just go to FA they should be there
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat
Old 10-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Rookie

IvanCalderon90's Arena

What happened was this: Year 4 of my franchise, had a LT i had drafted in Year 2. Simmed a few games, noticed no sacks allowed/pancake stats for him. Checked to see if he was injured (wasn't); played a game, my backup LT was in. Depth chart was ok, released my starter and resigned him, same problem. Tried trading him for a pick, couldn't get an offer (even though he's 24 and 88 overall). Very annoying.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanCalderon90
What happened was this: Year 4 of my franchise, had a LT i had drafted in Year 2. Simmed a few games, noticed no sacks allowed/pancake stats for him. Checked to see if he was injured (wasn't); played a game, my backup LT was in. Depth chart was ok, released my starter and resigned him, same problem. Tried trading him for a pick, couldn't get an offer (even though he's 24 and 88 overall). Very annoying.
So the issue wasnt that he dissapeared. The issue was that your LT wasnt on the field when he was #1 on the depth chart.

I have never seen my depth chart function improperly (yet) other than occasional confusion over which WR slot gets which plays in the play-book. I would try having the cpu auto-reorder you're depth by hitting the select button (360) while viewing the depth chart in your franchise. Just in case its a display issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had and continue to occasionally have the same problem. I started a thread about it here: http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...g-players.html

The only thing you can do is release and resign to fix it, unfortunately. Screws up your salary cap quite thoroughly.

EDIT: As I may have mentioned in the thread I linked, if you go to roster breakdown, it'll show the disappearing players as inactive for the position. Then you can pretty much guess who it is in the position(s). It's always a high rated guy you drafted. Happens to both low salaried and high.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Mike,

Did you find if this was tied to created teams only?

Or all teams? Im worried as Im approaching season 4.

I wonder why it happens....
Old 10-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #8
Rookie

IvanCalderon90's Arena

Thanks for the info Mike...tried releasing and resigning; didn't work and I couldn't even get a draft pick for my 84 LT. They are so worried if they got the right sock colors or uniform specs they pay no attention to franchise! There is a lot of people who don't have XBox Live or they choose not to play online. Fix the bugs in the game and then worry about the little crap. Very disappointed in this game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »