Home

Should I play Madden 09 or should I play other Madden game?

This is a discussion on Should I play Madden 09 or should I play other Madden game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Should I play Madden 09 or should I play other Madden game?

Personally I hated Madden 10, I bought it and it had so many defensive assingment issues, etc. I just could not play it and traded it within one month of the time I picked my pre-order up.

Then I didn't pre-order Madden 11 and played the demo and loved the gameplay but wasn't quite sold yet. My uncle bought it and then I got to tinker with the full game and fell in love. Madden 11 is the best Madden I have played since Madden 08 on the original Xbox!

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2

Last edited by Brandon_c993; 10-26-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I also don't like Madden 2010 and Madden 2011 because of achievement way too hard.Why do I have to set up my game for these achievement to unlock where I need to be on Pro settings with 5 min quarters?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

I played 09 last night...here is what Madden 09 has that 11 does not...

*user celebrations
*total tackles counted correctly
*tackles for loss counted correctly (hello Madden 10 & 11 a sack is also a tackle for loss)
*pancakes counted correctly
*more stat overlays in game
*Madden! Big John himself talks a little in the pregame and also has halftime highlights and end of game highlights!
*uniforms get dirty!
*I had a play last night playing Denver as the Raiders and they motioned their RB out wide (Peyton Hillis)...my middle LB covering him (causing a mismatch)...they completed a pass to him for a first down.
*the RB's don't break tackle after tackle at they do in 11
*Why is it that Mike Williams (Seattle) has a picture in 09 but not in 11? I noticed a lot of players with the same issue...
*the computer and user are able to manage 10-15 play drives...not so many big plays
*loving when a player gets injured! Shows a display where the injury is on the player
*play selection screen comes with tons of information...stats, tips, last play results, replay
*the feel of the game just seems more polished...

Of course the graphics are not as good as 11 but the gameplay in my opinion is far better than 10 or 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

PS3 version or xbox 360 version.There's no trophies for the PS3 version.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
I played 09 last night...here is what Madden 09 has that 11 does not...

*user celebrations
*total tackles counted correctly
*tackles for loss counted correctly (hello Madden 10 & 11 a sack is also a tackle for loss)
*pancakes counted correctly
*more stat overlays in game
*Madden! Big John himself talks a little in the pregame and also has halftime highlights and end of game highlights!
*uniforms get dirty!
*I had a play last night playing Denver as the Raiders and they motioned their RB out wide (Peyton Hillis)...my middle LB covering him (causing a mismatch)...they completed a pass to him for a first down.
*the RB's don't break tackle after tackle at they do in 11
*Why is it that Mike Williams (Seattle) has a picture in 09 but not in 11? I noticed a lot of players with the same issue...
*the computer and user are able to manage 10-15 play drives...not so many big plays
*loving when a player gets injured! Shows a display where the injury is on the player
*play selection screen comes with tons of information...stats, tips, last play results, replay
*the feel of the game just seems more polished...

Of course the graphics are not as good as 11 but the gameplay in my opinion is far better than 10 or 11.

Have you had any trouble with the game freezing?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

no freezing for me...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »