Home

Where is the disconnect? Support for 2k5 and Madden possible?

This is a discussion on Where is the disconnect? Support for 2k5 and Madden possible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Where is the disconnect? Support for 2k5 and Madden possible?

I still have this funny feeling that some folks downplay Madden just because its the thing to do nowadays. I'm trying to figure out where the disconnect is when it comes to some folks supporting one title and not the other.

Lets jump back to 2k5. We can pretty much all agree that it was one of if not thee greatest football titles ever developed. We then move on to current gen platforms and pretty much all agree that Madden 06, 07, 08 (some say 09) were not good titles at all.

What that means is that obviously, we have the same taste when it comes to football video games. With that being stated, how are people with the same taste in football titles split down the middle when it comes to enjoying madden 10 and 11?

How can I dislike the same football titles that you dislike, and love the same ones that you loved, but then I enjoy Madden 11 and you dont (you being all who find fault with madden).

I think 2k5 has yet to be trumped in the presentation department, but at the same time Madden aint half bad to be honest. I just started up my franchise today and I have to take my hat off to the devs, this **** is awesome.

Yea, I want my presentation and all my facemasks along with the ion helmet (had to throw that in there on the slick lol) along with a little more polished player interaction, but overall Madden and NCAA this year did the damn thing no doubt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Where is the disconnect? Support for 2k5 and Madden possible?

Under Ian Madden has really closed the presentation gap on 2k5, further yet to go, but I appreciate the commitment to it after so many years.

Franchise and gameplay are stale, though, always that 'same ol, same ole' feeling.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm as big a critic of EA as anyone but I do feel that since the last patch Madden is now playing nicely for me on default All-Pro. I play with 11 min qtrs and 20 sec runoff and have good close games. I'm enjoying defense too which hasn't been the case for a long time.

I do feel annoyed that you always have to wait a good month or so after release before an EA game is actually finished but at least they do get it done eventually and with this years Madden at least, they've done a good job in the end.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Honestly, I feel the that the people(sims, not casuals) that support Madden are simply playing the hand that they were dealt. There's no other option for NFL football so they just try to enjoy it in despite of all it's flaws.

I tried to do that; honestly, I did, but M11 just sat on top of my 360 while I played 2k8. It didn't make any sense to keep M11 at that point so I traded it in.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I still have this funny feeling that some folks downplay Madden just because its the thing to do nowadays. I'm trying to figure out where the disconnect is when it comes to some folks supporting one title and not the other.

Lets jump back to 2k5. We can pretty much all agree that it was one of if not thee greatest football titles ever developed. We then move on to current gen platforms and pretty much all agree that Madden 06, 07, 08 (some say 09) were not good titles at all.

What that means is that obviously, we have the same taste when it comes to football video games. With that being stated, how are people with the same taste in football titles split down the middle when it comes to enjoying madden 10 and 11?

How can I dislike the same football titles that you dislike, and love the same ones that you loved, but then I enjoy Madden 11 and you dont (you being all who find fault with madden).

I think 2k5 has yet to be trumped in the presentation department, but at the same time Madden aint half bad to be honest. I just started up my franchise today and I have to take my hat off to the devs, this **** is awesome.

Yea, I want my presentation and all my facemasks along with the ion helmet (had to throw that in there on the slick lol) along with a little more polished player interaction, but overall Madden and NCAA this year did the damn thing no doubt.
The haters are just much more vocal. Go over to the NBA 2K11 forum here. Most of us agree it very may well be the best sports game ever yet the amount of hate is amazing.

I weed through a lot of it. I enjoy the franchise threads, and most threads that talk about sliders, gameplay advice, roster advice and sharing workarounds to some game bugs. That is what I am really here for.

To share the passion I have for sports games with others...not the hate. I have no problem when people make intelligent and thoughtful posts about game flaws or impressions...you know what I mean.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Honestly, I feel the that the people(sims, not casuals) that support Madden are simply playing the hand that they were dealt. There's no other option for NFL football so they just try to enjoy it in despite of all it's flaws.

I tried to do that; honestly, I did, but M11 just sat on top of my 360 while I played 2k8. It didn't make any sense to keep M11 at that point so I traded it in.
I agree with this. My "hate" for Madden 11 is because I feel like EA is trying to hustle gamers year after year with next gen Madden. Maybe ignorance is bliss for some gamers or just denial for others but I refuse to believe this is the most EA can add each development cycle. I was actually very excited and optimistic about Madden 11 after playing Madden 10 last year. In my wildest dreams I didn't imagine EA pretty much ignoring the features from Madden 10 and not improving them for Madden 11. Madden 11 is pretty much Madden 10 with run blocking AI, gameflow, gameplanning and some new online revenue stream features. Im not dismissing the value of the new non-revenue features of Madden 11 but not building on last years features is unacceptable for my $60.

If the OP is enjoying the game and other gamers are just making the best of what we have, that's cool. However, I dont think anybody can honestly say EA has done the best job of BUILDING on and IMPROVING next gen Madden features year to year. I dont expect EA to be 2k, Sony or any other gaming company but I do expect their best effort. After seeing the leap in effort from Madden 09 to Madden 10, Im convinced Madden 11 was not it.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

I have been playing football video games for as long as I can remember, on every thing you can imagine. Hand held (only rushing the ball), 8bit, 16bit, pc, QB club, Sports talk football, you name it I've bought it. To me Madden was never better than when it had competition. I remember when there was Gameday, Fever, Madden and 2k. If you think there are fanboys now, there were tons back then. But it was a much more diverse time. While I have always preferred the play and presentation of 2k, I had until recent times relied on Madden for realism. It wasn't until EA got the exclusive license that I began to feel cheated with every purchase. Slowly the realism of the game began to slip away and become molded into an arcade-ish game that required les and less skill to be successful at.

I don't hate the game, but I haven't been pleased with it since 05.I bought both ESPN, and Madden that year, and thought that while ESPN held the edge on presentation, gameplay and almost every other area, I thought that Madden held the edge in realism. I've always preferred Madden's play books over ESPN, but Madden didn't keep me playing like ESPN. I still pop in ESPN no matter whether I have a new Madden or not, it simply plays better, the player interactions and animations are more fluid and not as repetitive.

After 05 I feel that gimmicks have become the new staple in the Madden franchise in place of improvements and that is where i feel the disdain lies with the fans of the franchise as a whole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »