Home

Super Rubberband man! Yes I'm heated right now.

This is a discussion on Super Rubberband man! Yes I'm heated right now. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Super Rubberband man! Yes I'm heated right now.

I understand that some say rubberband A.I. doesn't exist and I should change my tactics in the last moments of the game. I call bullshiiiit on that one fellas, lol.

Hear me out. Rubberband A.I. still rears its ugly head every once in awhile. Its not as bad as previous iterations of Madden but its there and ready to make you want to destroy your controllers at a moments notice.

People, I'm as sim as they come trust me. I have absolutely no problems with losing (I use the Cleveland Browns, come on now) I would even go as far as to say that I kinda like losing and struggling. My records at the end of most seasons are usually somewhere in the 4 and something 5 and something win lose range.

Honestly, I cant recall in the past couple versions of Madden, me EVER going to the superbowl. Completely fine with that, but I WILL NOT accept a loss from the cpu when they start that bull****. I will hit that power/reset oh so swiftly.

Here's the scenario (kinda vague now, this was last night but you'll get the picture). I'm up in the last quarter, 21-7 I'm thinking its a wrap game over. There's about 5 minutes left.

Tampa gets the ball back and immediately powers up the field for the touchdown no hesitation, no imcomplete passes no runs for 2-3 yards, all big boy runs for 8-10 yards everytime. Complete turn around from their performance up to this point.

I say ok its cool, but I kinda sensed that the ****ery was slowly kicking in, lol. My face is slowly turning into this look of puzzlement, something is going wrong here.

Here's the nail in the coffin. How I knew they were on some **** ****. I get the ball back maybe around 3 minutes left now. Game over right? Wrong my friendlies. My runs are blown up in the backfield immediately. Ok I'll pass. Get a first down. close to 2 minutes left now.

Robiskie performs his route crisply (hook play) WIDE THE **** OPEN, he's standing there stationary. I zip the pass to him. Guess what happens. While the ball is enroute he starts running BACK towards the line of scrimmage at full speed, the ball goes literally inches above his head and he doesn't react to it AT ALL, he continues to run to the line of scimmage.

I have my interception slider set at 10. I hardly see ints in my games. The ball goes straight to the CB who picks it and runs it back for the TD. He broke like 3 tackles while he was at it by the way. They do a two point and thought they won the game. I had a trick for that though. RESET. Bull**** period.

Oh I replayed it. The ball literally damn near skimmed the top of Robiskies helmet, thats how close it was but he acted like nothing was happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Super Rubberband man! Yes I'm heated right now.

I think the CPU was punishing me for being up in the last quarter with under 2 minutes and passing the ball. I'm going to tell you all like this, it will be ground hog day with this first game of the season until I win that game, lol. I refuse to give them a win because of that craziness.

Last edited by TheCreep; 10-24-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Super Rubberband man! Yes I'm heated right now.

We're not doing the comeback AI thing here my friend. Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »