Home

I find offline franchise so addicting..

This is a discussion on I find offline franchise so addicting.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #25
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I find offline franchise so addicting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans4
I love offline franchise, except I can't find a team to stick with.

I've Tried:
Panthers (My Fav team)
Lions
Titans (My Home team)
Redskins
Bucs

I like to rebuild weaker teams, but I also like to pass and I can't stand to play as a team that has a 3-4 defense. I was going to try the Seahawks but I saw somewhere that they just switched to the 3-4. Ugh!!! Any suggestions on a team to play as? It doesn't have to be a 4-3 team, but i defineely prefer it.

As I was about to post this i came up with the Jags. Seems perfect. I like to draft players too and they need em. They are 4-3 right?

I have the same problem. I start a franchise and then I start getting tempted to try another team. I usually have 2 going at a time. I usually do the Bucs, Cards, Chargers, Cowboys...but am thinking of trying the Bengals or Jags some time too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #26
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
If you guys like the current version of franchise mode so much I can only imagine how enthusiastic you'd be about a franchise mode that was actually halfway decent...

We all want that, I started the thread on how bad Madden's depth of presentation is compared to NBA 2K11. BUT, it's not a P.O.S. It needs to be vastly expanded on and improved but the stats are great, the sliders work, the rookies are balanced and have realistic ratings (unlike the WR's in NCAA) and it's fun.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #27
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
It is a nice change to see people here saying they love Madden instead of how much it sucks compared to games from 15 years ago or whatever.

What I like to do with my franchise is control two teams but only make any changes on one for the first 15 years or so, then switch to the second team later on.
I love franchise, but must admit that it gets quite frustrating at times. If I complain I only do it out of wanting it to be great(er)!

And WOW! I assume you sim a lot of games/seasons and concentrate on the off-season stuff???
As I was reading this thread I kept wondering what percentage of Madden players actually hit the 30-year mark!

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"

Last edited by Winnipeg59; 10-26-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #28
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans4
I love offline franchise, except I can't find a team to stick with.

I like to rebuild weaker teams, but I also like to pass and I can't stand to play as a team that has a 3-4 defense. I was going to try the Seahawks but I saw somewhere that they just switched to the 3-4.
Whatever team you pick, at some point none of the current players will be "real". It will be "your" team!
Rebuilding, passing, 3-4...all that stuff can be altered as you go. YOU can put your stamp on all that stuff as you go too!

That's what makes franchise so spectacular!

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 10-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #29
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
I love franchise, but must admit that it gets quite frustrating at times. If I complain I only do it out of wanting it to be great(er)!

And WOW! I assumed you sim a lot of games/seasons and concentrate on the off-season stuff???
As I was reading this thread I kept wondering what percentage of Madden players actually hit the 30-year mark!

I have never hit the 30 year mark. The most I ever had was 12 seasons on Madden 2005 with the Miami Dolphins.

I am playing as 4 teams (controlling 32) so I will probably get 3-4 seasons out of 2011 granted 2012 has the big time overhaul of franchise. If it does not improve in a very good way then I will keep going with this version till they do.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #30
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
This is coming from a guy who kept stats on notebook paper for Bases Loaded 2 on NES.
I STILL keep a spiral with all my season stats/sliders/standings/etc. This dates back to my original Playstation days playing NHL 98 and FIFA 98.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 10-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I STILL keep a spiral with all my season stats/sliders/standings/etc. This dates back to my original Playstation days playing NHL 98 and FIFA 98.

Every time I start up a Franchise I write the entire lineup for the teams I'm controlling and backups and everything. I do the same thing every week in fantasy football too. All started back when I would dream up baseball lineups as a young kid and go in the front yard and soft toss to myself and write down what kind of hit it was or if it would have been an out.. I would have entire 9 inning baseball games all by myself lol..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
That is friggin awesome man.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »