Home

I find offline franchise so addicting..

This is a discussion on I find offline franchise so addicting.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #49
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I find offline franchise so addicting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed
LOL HOLY HELL!

I thought I was some weirdo of a kid as I used to do this for hockey. Setup the Net at the top of the driveway, take shots from certain points (from the street, the start of the driveway, the slot, etc) and record how it went. Then would do it again for the other team. That would be one game. I'd do a full playoffs like that.

Haha, that's just too funny that other people did that sort of thing.

We are all nuts then because I would play football, baseball and basketball in my backyard, playing out the World Series with my Reggie Jackson pitching machine, Playing football and pretending I was Bob Griese handing off to Delvin Williams and Tony Nathan and throwing to Nat Moore, reliving the NBA finals with Magic and Bird and Dr J. I kept stats in a notebook as well. I remember when I lived in Austin, Texas for one year back in 1980-81 and it snowed....I was so pumped...finally a snow game! I have lived in Florida 36 out of my 40 years of life thus far so I was pretty giddy. I went out and played and fell all over the snow and after 45 minutes, I was dying....my feet and toes were friggin ice cold...my mom flipped on me thinking my toes would fall off from frostbite...LMAO.

Great times back then in the mid 70's early 80's.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #50
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
the labor deal won't be resolved until middle of next year (from the NFL guru's)....NO WAY tiburon could get the new CBA into franchise mode in that amount of time....franchise mode won't get touched until Madden 13. book it.
It will be touched, I'm 98.943% sure it will be altered in some appreciable way beyond the standard data tuning they do year to year. This is based on inference, and nothing concrete, so if I'm wrong, I wont be totally shocked. Still, my sense of things is that something is being done with franchise mode, but I'll lay 100-1 it'll be small changes to make the existing franchise mode more interesting. Or maybe big changes within the existing parameters, but the existing architecture will remain fundamentally the same.

In the long run, I consider the standard franchise format that virtually every video game on Earth uses (It's the same from Madden to NCAA, MLB The Show to NBA 2k11, the same basic format seems like a glorified spreadsheet presentation compared to NFL Head Coach) to be utterly outdated and very, very boring.

However, if we're ever going to see NFL Head Coach 09's career mode become Madden NFL's franchise mode, it wont be until 2012 or 2013.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #51
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It will be touched, I'm 98.943% sure it will be altered in some appreciable way beyond the standard data tuning they do year to year. This is based on inference, and nothing concrete, so if I'm wrong, I wont be totally shocked. Still, my sense of things is that something is being done with franchise mode, but I'll lay 100-1 it'll be small changes to make the existing franchise mode more interesting. Or maybe big changes within the existing parameters, but the existing architecture will remain fundamentally the same.

In the long run, I consider the standard franchise format that virtually every video game on Earth uses (It's the same from Madden to NCAA, MLB The Show to NBA 2k11, the same basic format seems like a glorified spreadsheet presentation compared to NFL Head Coach) to be utterly outdated and very, very boring.

However, if we're ever going to see NFL Head Coach 09's career mode become Madden NFL's franchise mode, it wont be until 2012 or 2013.
One can only hope that they change the underlying architecture - at least Ian say they were aiming for "a solid foundation and better architecture", but that can basically mean anything

As for franchise modes in sports games, I agree. This year NHL and FIFA have improved, but they are still a long way from having a truly engaging and challenging management part. In NHL 11 I didn't manage more than a quarter season before I lost interest. With FIFA 11 I rarely make it into my second season, because it's too easy to create a good team. I do, however, start several careers and play a single season with a team, before a start a new one.

Last edited by guaps; 10-29-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #52
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga77
I'm on my 5th, 9 minute, playmakers sliders game for the day. I can't stop playing haha. I started a Steelers Franchise today and I am already in Week 6! Does anyone else find this game addicting, it's like I keep saying to myself just one more game..

franchise is why i buy this game every year
I LOVE IT
GO GATORS

Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

you can enhance your madden experience using my software http://xtreme-football.net >> all stat updates are automatic
Old 10-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #54
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs2112
you can enhance your madden experience using my software http://xtreme-football.net >> all stat updates are automatic
cool....let us know when its 100% complete.....not 45%
Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

it is done, just need extra features like messaging between owners, forums, and unnecessary stuff like that.. the stats are 100% done unless people have suggestions to make them better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl34v4g3
Every time I start up a Franchise I write the entire lineup for the teams I'm controlling and backups and everything. I do the same thing every week in fantasy football too. All started back when I would dream up baseball lineups as a young kid and go in the front yard and soft toss to myself and write down what kind of hit it was or if it would have been an out.. I would have entire 9 inning baseball games all by myself lol..
When I was a kid I use to simulate games bouncing a tennis ball of this wall in my porch. I was the pitcher and I would bounce the ball back as pop flies and line drives, etc. I kept track of all the stats and everything on paper. I was that kid always trying to get a game going in the neighborhood, but it wasn't always possible. I have 3 brothers and none of them were nearly as interested in sports as me. Apparently I had a vivid enough imagination to satisfy myself because I used to love my wall games and stat book. When I moved when at age 12 I lost my wall and never played another wall game again...I still keep track of stats on paper occasionally...

Very cool to hear from others that did similar things as kids, having a vivid imagination is a great thing.

Albert Einstein: ''Imagination is more important than knowledge''.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »