Home

worth the money?

This is a discussion on worth the money? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 AM   #1
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
worth the money?

OK, so I've come to the conclusion that any game that I get that isn't a sports game is a waste of money, they just don't keep my attenton... so is madden worth it? I've never owned a pro football game, usually stay with ncaa..... though with spiller being in the nfl now.. I'm kind of wanting to do a bills dynasty...

but is it a good game? not too many flaws? is offline dynasty decent? it's the only thing i'd play on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 05:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: worth the money?

Sure many people will weigh in on this. My reply is... it depends.

If you had Madden 10, I'd say no. Madden 11 is better than Mad 10, but not worth the extra $60. Likewise, if you have NCAA11, you might want to stick to that as the play is apparently marginal (I can't find NCAA in the UK and am too disorganized to order it).

If you don't have Mad 10 or NCAA 11 then I'd say you should get Madden 11 (with reservations). The shockingly bad stock gameplay can be instantly dialled out by using sliders that Playmaker, MikeOwnz, and others have tested. The shockingly bad playcalling can also be instantly dialled out by downloading gameplans that others have fixed. The reservations comes to offline franchise. It is fun enough, but a little vanilla. And if you really want to play only offline franchises, then finding an old copy of Head Coach 09 might be best for you.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:04 AM   #3
Rookie

Is the game worth $65? I'm not convinced it is. Offline franchise is seriously lacking any depth. There are a lot of parts of the game that are broken or don't feel natural.

If you've never owned Madden it might be worth a shot to buy but don't expect it to hold your interest anymore than other mediocre games out there.

This is what I'll say: I've got my sliders tuned to where I get close exciting games but it just doesn't feel like the football I see on Sunday.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 10-25-2010, 05:09 AM   #4
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

Can you feel the excitement? Even if it isn't just like on Sundays?

Like with ncaa. I can't really feel the excitement to say, but yet when I'm playing I get drawn in, the games are close and it makes me want to win. It makes it exciting to me. Does madden do this for you guys? I just really want another game to play, as i only play ncaa 2011. Imma trade my other games in that just sit there and try to get another.

I'm leaning on either madden 11 or nhl 11.

Either one I would get would be for an offline dynasty, to do a dynasty on here in the forums, like the Clemson one I just started. I feel like it even added to ncaa 2011. Sharing my games, idk makes it feel more and more like the real thing.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't have NHL11 (yet) so really can't help you choose between that and Madden. But with all the extra games in hockey, it might be worth getting (I'm certainly tempted).

In fact I think I'll get a copy of NHL11 today.

As for Madden not being what you see on Sunday, Sort of Irish is dead right. But close games are still exciting. My 2nd year franchise with the Hawks, my last few games were a win by 5, a win by 3, an overtime win (got my come-from-behind trophy after being down in last 2 minutes), loss by 4, loss by 3, and last night beat the Cardinals by 10 (with a TD extending my lead with 4 minutes to play). All while having significant injuries to my LBs so had to completely alter my defensive strategy.

It's been a lot of fun, and actually renewed my interest in the game (despite all its warts).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

It depends how rich you think you are.

If you're living in the USA. then no. Everyone 'seems' to be 'hit hard' by the recession.

But dollar for value terms. Madden is worth it. Its fun playing with your team you seen on Sundays.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
Can you feel the excitement? Even if it isn't just like on Sundays?
Sure but purely because it's a close game. The presentation and commentary does absolutely nothing for building excitement. Playoff games feel like regular season games, it doesn't feel like a rivalry when you're playing rivalry games, Sunday and Monday night football is nothing more than a night game. This is where Madden really falls short and games like NHL really excel.

NHL is a great game but then again I'm slightly biased since I played hockey from 7 years old all the way into college. I can definitely appreciate what EA did with NHL whereas Madden just falls short in a lot of respects.

Do I still play Madden? Yeah, I'm still keeping my Raider franchise going with a couple games a week. But the truth is Madden has taken a back seat to NHL, Halo, and eventually the new Call of Duty... and by back seat I really mean Madden is packed away in a trailer hitched to my truck.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 10-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

When I bought Madden 11, I felt that I paid for too many game features I already paid for in the past.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »