Home

49er Fans : T.O. only 1 year left on conrtact? right?

This is a discussion on 49er Fans : T.O. only 1 year left on conrtact? right? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2003, 03:42 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: 49er Fans : T.O. only 1 year left on conrtact? right?

I think they'll get a deal done after this year. He deserves a lot of money already, and if this is his contract year, he'll probably do even better and deserve even MORE money. From what I read, it seems he and his agent WANTED to get a deal done with the Niners but the Niners were too slow about it or whatever. They better sign T.O. longterm no matter when they do it. If they don't, then my beloved 49ers are the stupidest bunch of clowns alive. And that's not easy to say....
Old 08-09-2003, 03:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

The Niners are becoming a cheap organization all bout making money. I'm nervous we're gonna become the Clippers of the NFL. York may not show TO the money even though he deserves a big time contract.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:59 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

cheap organization?? didnt they just make jeff garcia the highest paid qb in the league now??

...dont worry, theyll sign him. he doesnt want to go anywhere else anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2003, 05:45 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

the_jared said:
cheap organization?? didnt they just make jeff garcia the highest paid qb in the league now??

He will if he can get paid the big bucks.

Very recently they are becoming cheap. They are trying to cut costs across the board. I read the SF Chronicle nearly every day and I've seen this stuff about York worrying too much about money and not winning.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:47 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

the_jared said:

A QB is worlds different than a WR, even a great one like Owens. Look at their head coach search, they didn't want to pay anyone there either. I also think Owens is impatient to win or at least play in a Super Bowl. So he could end up playing with Rice next year in Oakland if Brown retires (and Gannon doesn't). I could see that.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

the_jared said:

A QB is worlds different than a WR, even a great one like Owens. Look at their head coach search, they didn't want to pay anyone there either. I also think Owens is impatient to win or at least play in a Super Bowl. So he could end up playing with Rice next year in Oakland if Brown retires (and Gannon doesn't). I could see that.

A Cowboy fan wishing ill on the 49ers?? Never!
Old 08-09-2003, 10:03 PM   #15
Pro

rdawsoniii's Arena

OVR: 5

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if San Francisco didn't want to pony up for Owens, even though he's their only really good receiver. You have to remember how recently San Francisco was in Salary Cap hell because of all the money they had forked over for their superstars. While there's a difference between being cautious and being Scrooge, I can see where they're coming from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2003, 11:23 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

rdawsoniii said:
I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if San Francisco didn't want to pony up for Owens, even though he's their only really good receiver. You have to remember how recently San Francisco was in Salary Cap hell because of all the money they had forked over for their superstars. While there's a difference between being cautious and being Scrooge, I can see where they're coming from.

Good points. Dont forget its not like TO is the only playmaker thats going to be a free agent this yr. Got guys like Peterson and PLummer also. Maybe sign everyone but Owens and just find a cheaper guy in free agency and get more depth. I love Owens and think he is the best damn WR in football...but he is 30 and he is asking for a ton (rightly so) but still...got other concerns also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »