Home

Honestly, would you suggest Madden 11 for me?

This is a discussion on Honestly, would you suggest Madden 11 for me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Honestly, would you suggest Madden 11 for me?

My little backstory is I am a football junkie. Grew up playing football video games like Gamebreaker, Madden, Gameday, 2k, QB Club, etc (I had all of them lol). But next gen has been hit or miss for me...

I have bought the last three NCAA games because I love college football so much but the last Madden I bought was 09. I traded it in about 2 weeks later cuz I hated it.

As of Nov 15, I have NCAA 11, NBA 2k11, and Black Ops, but I am really in the mood to play some NFL football. Like, I can't really get into 2k right now because I want to play football. But I still cant get over how much I disliked Madden 09.

I debating if I should buy Madden 11. In your opinion, is it worth it this year?

I dont play online. I'm much more of an offline franchise player that controls all of the teams and tries to simulate 10+ seasons (I keep track of stats and stuff like that). Solid gameplay and a fun franchise and I am pretty much set.

How realistic are the stats from simulated games? Do teams split carries (i.e D-Will and J-Stew for the Panthers)? Is the draft and progression worthwhile? Does the running compare to NCAA 11?

So what do you say? Go out and get it or wait until Madden 12?

Last edited by DorianDonP; 11-15-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Honestly, would you suggest Madden 11 for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
My little backstory is I am a football junkie. Grew up playing football video games like Gamebreaker, Madden, Gameday, 2k, QB Club, etc (I had all of them lol). But next gen has been hit or miss for me...

I have bought the last three NCAA games because I love college football so much but the last Madden I bought was 09. I traded it in about 2 weeks later cuz I hated it.

As of Nov 15, I have NCAA 11, NBA 2k11, and Black Ops, but I am really in the mood to play some NFL football. Like, I can't really get into 2k right now because I want to play football. But I still cant get over how much I disliked Madden 09.

I debating if I should buy Madden 11. In your opinion, is it worth it this year?

I dont play online. I'm much more of an offline franchise player that controls all of the teams and tries to simulate 10+ seasons (I keep track of stats and stuff like that). Solid gameplay and a fun franchise and I am pretty much set.

How realistic are the stats from simulated games? Do teams split carries (i.e D-Will and J-Stew for the Panthers)? Is the draft and progression worthwhile? Does the running compare to NCAA 11?

So what do you say? Go out and get it or wait until Madden 12?
do you like a true sim or are you ok with an arcadish game? if you like a true sim then stay away from madden 11 and maybe wait till you get some reviews on madden 12.....if you don't mind an arcade like football experience with saturated stats and a run game thats nothing like ncaa 11 then yes you should buy madden 11....im actually selling mine on ebay for 25 bucks. that being said, madden is split down the middle...some love it and some hate it and some just play it cause its nfl. the game is fun offline but could be better, what kills it for me is the unrealistic gameplay and the predetermined outcome. try renting it first.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsoldier
some love it and some hate it and some just play it cause its nfl. the game is fun offline but could be better, what kills it for me is the unrealistic gameplay and the predetermined outcome. try renting it first.
What I should have done. I love NFL and this is the only reason I keep coming back to Madden. Given the price differential I'd go for Madden 10 in the spare parts box of your local game store. 11 is a better game but it's just not worth the asking price, in my opinion.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

The best advice is to rent the game.

Then you will be able to evaluate it and decide for yourself.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
Banned

i personally also wish i rented the game first....my last purchased copy prior to madden 11 was madden 09 and i skipped madden 10 but there wasn't much of a difference.....not to me at least.....so yea rent it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

I recently bought Madden 10 brand new at Best Buy for $29. You can get it used at Game Stop and other places between 15 and 20. Dude said people are actually trading in Madden 11 for Madden 10. Kids will like Madden 11, it's just not a sim game.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm in the minority - I like Madden 11 a lot more than 10. It just seems to feel better on the field. I'm an NFL2k5 guy, and this year is the first year since 2k5 that I have been able to stay with Madden (and not go back to 2k5). Offline franchise is all I play. Great advice to rent first.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

All I ever play is offline franchise, and if your a franchise player, you will not be missing anything if you decide to skip M11. There were no improvements made in this area, and there are promises of revamping or at least tweaking it for M12. Maybe next year has become sort of the mantra for madden, at least it seems that way to me. Definitely rent it first. I'm so glad I didn't buy it this year and I've bought every madden up to M10. The small gameplay improvements are simply not enough for $60, although I saw somewhere you can get it new for about $35 on black friday do a google on it.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 11-15-2010 at 11:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »