Home

Madden Developer Podcast

This is a discussion on Madden Developer Podcast within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #65
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Do you guys have any major topics of discussion for future podcasts? I'd love to hear what people would like us to answer the most.

Ian, good to see you post. I would love to hear about what is being done with the physics of the game and also what is being done to offline and online franchise

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Awesome idea, and its good to hear that Ian actually cares about what we have to say. Seriously 3 things are huge for me

1. Make the franchise mode on par with 05/06/ and 07 for last Gen: Seriously if those games could have a weekly in game radio show with tony bruno and training camp drills that were not only fun as hell but were an easy way to boost stats then there's absolutely no excuse for Next Gen not to have either by this point. This is my biggest gripe with the entire madden franchise right now and I really hope this gets fixed for 12.

2. Fix the damn option plays! an option offensive set isn't an option offensive set at all if the Hb doesn't have THE OPTION to run OR pass the football. I understand that there's worry that online cheezers will abuse this but i dont care one bit. I'd rather deal with the problem of cheezers abusing a play that is actually functionally and theoritically correct then the half *** option plays that are in the game right now.

3. And this is not a biggie at all but id like the ability to edit head coaches anytime during my offline franchise in case of coaching changes etc.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

^^
I want a pratice mode in offline franchise.
It would perfect so you can test out free agents and rookies.
PS2 offline modes were completely better than new generation(besides drafts and progression)
They have a solid base with the gameplay and online now they need to improve gameplay more and Franchise and Superstar(Its not even playable, i buy most sports games for Be a Pro Modes) to become the best football game.
ps. want more attributes and the ability to hide ratings that don't matter like passing for defensive players. Hide potential
Old 11-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

A improved draft.
no potential it ruins the chances of getting gems vs. busts
i would like to see stats and college playbook (like spread) random
less A potential players in certain drafts. it seems like there are alot of A potential players in each draft.
Improved offseason.
I would like to get emails again. It can add alot of replayablilty. Like positition battles, morale, owner.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #69
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
My reference was regarding the total number of hi-res characters (fully articulated models + skeletons) rendered on screen at one time. We have 22 players + 7 referees. We also have a fully populated half-resolution sideline, and our variation in rendered equipment is also exponentially more complex than FIFA's. Just sayin'.

Do you guys have any major topics of discussion for future podcasts? I'd love to hear what people would like us to answer the most.
Would love to hear about defensive player lock i.e. NCAA Football. Anything new planned for presentation. And some information on depth of Franchise like what are yalls ideas. Halftime show and improved Weekly show. Maybe ingame scores from other games in your franchise. Thanks Ian.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-09-2010, 06:01 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
My reference was regarding the total number of hi-res characters (fully articulated models + skeletons) rendered on screen at one time. We have 22 players + 7 referees. We also have a fully populated half-resolution sideline, and our variation in rendered equipment is also exponentially more complex than FIFA's. Just sayin'.

speaking of rendering....will you guys use MLAA for the PS3 version?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...lanet2-article
"MLAA is now a part of the Edge tools available to all PS3 developers and it's effectively a drop-in component that can be added in an afternoon of coding - expect to see it in many more titles, not just those from Sony."

here is God Of War 3 which uses the technique.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #71
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

1. Offline franchise.

2. Defense
More pre-snap options on D. I feel like a spectator on D. I want to be able to tell the 10 guys I am not controlling exactly what to do so when they make a play I feel like I made a play. Tackling is too basic. Complicate it up a little.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #72
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
This is a loaded question, but why has the attempt at broadcast presentation been so underwhelming the last 2 years? And is there anything being done to nail it like some of the other notable sports games are? Or, is it not Madden's/Tiburon's intention to deliver that broadcast experience?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »