Home

Custom Soundtracks?

This is a discussion on Custom Soundtracks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 12:14 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Custom Soundtracks?

I rather listen to my songs than the MNF crew. Especially John Madden, and his dumb line, "He must have pressed the button accidentaly."(Refering to challenging the call in last year's game) Dude, you supposed to make me feel like I'm watching a real life game.
Anywho, their "custom soundtrack" idea is not bad, but it could have been even better. I'm only going to hear the songs for couple of secs until I start the game. I don't spend the whole day on the menus. So I rather listen to it while I play the game, as an optional choice, since you took all the authenticity out of the game anyway. Enough of my rant.
I'm getting the game anyway.

P.S. I'm not too sure what you mean by programming, but I have a hunch that you mean I should save the tracks on my cd player? If that is correct, my player doesn't support that, and if it did, I wouldn't have to burn an extra cd, since the chances were that it's going to play a CDRW anyway.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:17 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

AI_Franchise03 said:
I rather listen to my songs than the MNF crew. Especially John Madden, and his dumb line, "He must have pressed the button accidentaly."(Refering to challenging the call in last year's game) Dude, you supposed to make me feel like I'm watching a real life game.
Anywho, their "custom soundtrack" idea is not bad, but it could have been even better. I'm only going to hear the songs for couple of secs until I start the game. I don't spend the whole day on the menus. So I rather listen to it while I play the game, since you took all the authenticity out of the game anyway. I don't stay the whole day on the menus. Enough of my rant.

P.S. I'm not too sure what you mean by programming, but I have a hunch that you mean I should save the tracks on my cd player? If that is correct, my player doesn't support that, and if it did, I wouldn't have to burn an extra cd, since the chances were that it's going to play a CDRW anyway.

I mean if you have a 5 or 6 disc changer you can program them like to play song 4 on disc 2 then to switch to song 8 on disc 4 and so on
Old 08-12-2003, 12:22 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:

geaux5000 said:
Quote:

AI_Franchise03 said:
Anywho, their "custom soundtrack" idea is not bad, but it could have been even better. I'm only going to hear the songs for couple of secs until I start the game. I don't spend the whole day on the menus. So I rather listen to it while I play the game, since you took all the authenticity out of the game anyway. I don't stay the whole day on the menus. Enough of my rant.

I mean if you have a 5 or 6 disc changer you can program them like to play song 4 on disc 2 then to switch to song 8 on disc 4 and so on

Oh. I understand now. Though the problem is that I was talking about my single handheld cd player, hence the batteries, and mostly all of my music is on my pc.

EDIT: I should add that the computer is not in the same room as my xbox.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:48 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

chowder35 said:
you would hear bon jovi play for like 5 seconds on the PA between plays.

I dont want to hear bon jovi play for 5 milliseconds between plays. I like to play games with classic teams from the 60s and 70s with NO stadium music between plays. Do all of the new pro football games have this feature in them? Can it be turned off?
Old 08-12-2003, 12:59 AM   #21
MVP

I think the only thing you can do with the PA is lower it down (or raise it), so that you won't hear anything from the PA system throughout the game. This is nothing new.
Not sure about the music, though I doubt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 01:43 AM   #22
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I take it you guys are talking about the xbox version of madden 2004. I'm pretty sure the music in the background will be of the madden ones not your custom. The ingame sounds are taken from the MADDEN TRACKS. If there was an option to choose custom tracks and save them, then yes, they will play in the background during game time like it does with madden tracks.

I don't have 2004 for xbox, but I'm guessing it's almost the same features as PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »