Home

Should I Get Madden 11

This is a discussion on Should I Get Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Should I Get Madden 11

The only opinion that matters is yours.

As I said in the other "Should I buy thread", Rent it, evaluate it and then make a decision.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Why do we get so many people asking if they should buy the game? We're not you, we don't know what you like.

Just rent the game.
I should've asked. Instead I got the game and of the back playing in all-madden (did not played at all madden 10) I scored 56 points at least they scored 53 to make the game close.

If I'm you buy the PS2 version or don't buy it or rent it. Its a waste of time and money.

Worst NFL game I've ever played.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bassuka
I should've asked. Instead I got the game and of the back playing in all-madden (did not played at all madden 10) I scored 56 points at least they scored 53 to make the game close.

If I'm you buy the PS2 version or don't buy it or rent it. Its a waste of time and money.

Worst NFL game I've ever played.
Sounds like someone is in need of user skills... All-Madden requires user skills and there is a huge difference in how players move, particularly noticed on defense, in Madden 11.

In my first few games of Madden 11, I was giving up a ton of yards/points too. Then I started learning how the new movement mechanics differ and scores have been much lower for most of my games.

Took about a week of readjusting of my muscle memory, but it worked. The ACC rating being more apparent means you have to maneuver the stick to ensure you maintain your momentum. AVOID THE NEUTRAL STICK POSITION. Swing the stick around the outside and your defense should improve.

Later
Old 11-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #20
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman232
I have been playing Madden ever since its early years, then I moved to 2K around 2K3 because it was just more sim to me. Then after NFL 2K5 (which I still play with updated rosters) I got back to Madden and I was very upset with the game until '08 thats when it was actually enjoyable. When Madden 09 came out, I HATED IT, so I went back to 2K until '10 came out and it was ok. Then I moved to BackBreaker and downloaded some NFL rosters and I haven't went back to Madden ever since. But since I grew up on Madden I at least think I should give it a try... Do you think I would be happy with it and why??
Have you tried the demo? Out of the box, I feel it is a bit to offense heavy and tuned a bit to the highlight/E3 side. But, after fine tuning via sliders I'm thoroughly happy with this years effort. I smiled today thinking about it playing my franchise..."man, this feels like PS2 days". I'm not going to tell you how to spend your $60 or $40 on black friday. But, the demo includes sliders....play that and fiddle with a bit before you buy.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #21
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman232
I have been playing Madden ever since its early years, then I moved to 2K around 2K3 because it was just more sim to me. Then after NFL 2K5 (which I still play with updated rosters) I got back to Madden and I was very upset with the game until '08 thats when it was actually enjoyable. When Madden 09 came out, I HATED IT, so I went back to 2K until '10 came out and it was ok. Then I moved to BackBreaker and downloaded some NFL rosters and I haven't went back to Madden ever since. But since I grew up on Madden I at least think I should give it a try... Do you think I would be happy with it and why??
Rent it or borrow a copy, and see for yourself. Its better than 10, but will it carry you for months, thats another question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #22
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

If you like NFL better than College football and you can find it for less than $30 (Wal-mart has it all day Friday for this price), I'd do it. Sliders can adjust the game to be fun for you.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #23
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Well, I'm only closing this because we've closed every other thread like this...with the following suggestions...

Read the impressions thread
Read the Wishlist thread
Read the rest of the forum
Read this and other sites reviews...

but don't create a thread asking this question. Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »