Home

Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04?

This is a discussion on Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 06:50 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04?

I'm a Sega NFL2K fan but I tip my hat to EA. They did a solid job with Madden 2004. I do plan on getting ESPN Football 2K4 but I think overall Madden 2004 is much tighter than Madden 2003.

My only complaints are the gawd awful commentary. THey need to shut that down, it's that bad. Give us some serious crowd noise like in FIFA World Cup 2002 and I'll be happy. And the other are the overall look of the graphics of the PS2. I don't get it but to me NCAA 2004 looks solid on the PS2 and slightly better on the XBOX. Madden 2004 looks worse than NCAA 2004 i.e. more jaggies and a slighty blurred look. I took it back and got the XBOX version.

I highly recommend Madden 2004 even if you've played 2003. Can't wait to see what Sega brings to the table.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 06:54 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

Eddie_420 said:
all im gonna say is that the people who say the gameplay is too fast need to get out and play some real football. i wish it were as fast as ncaa but its not. why is the pro game slower than the college game??

Are you going to come up with another line for people who HAVE played real football and still say 'in their opinion' that Madden is too fast? Give the fast/slow/perfect stuff a break. It's what each person likes.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:58 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

people always make excuses for why this game is good and it sucks. from the minute i put it in to the minute i took it out i hated it. 2003 was better this is the year ESPN will reigh supreme.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:06 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

pk500 said:
>>>If this was Gran Turismo 4 for example and you loaded it up and it was just GT3 with a "dealership mode" I think everyone would be quite upset.<<<

Jub:

No, they wouldn't. They'd buy it by the flatbed load, which is what people did with GT3. Gran Turismo 3 was nothing but a stripped-down GT2 with prettier graphics. Same brain-dead racing engine, yet it sold tons of copies.

EA knows better than any other company that most sports-gaming consumers are lemmings who will buy what they used to and what their friends are playing, seldomly taking chances on a new game.

Take care,
PK

I second that.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:10 PM   #69
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

OVR: 5

Madden 2004 is a great game.

But it's definitely too much like 2003 (and 2002).

That's not a horrible thing -- I'm a strong advocate for "Don't fix what ain't broken." But that doesn't prevent it from feeling like a minimal upgrade over 2003, Playmaker or no Playmaker.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:13 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

DaHitman said:
people always make excuses for why this game is good and it sucks. from the minute i put it in to the minute i took it out i hated it. 2003 was better this is the year ESPN will reigh supreme.

Take deep breaths... You shouldn't bash and praise a game in the same breath this time of year dude. Let's not follow this trend and post 20 quotes of flames.

Oh here's a funny quick story: I took Madden back to the store today (within 24 hours) and I knew the lowdown about the return policy at EB. First the guy doesn't want to give me my store credit and starts sweating and going off on how "All the magazines" say how great Madden is and I just say 'I just want to return the game man'.

I'll skip some convo there cause this guy is so heated. He balls up my receipt and throws it in the trash, then slaps one of those store credit cards on the counter for me.

Well you can fill in the blanks but this is the type of stuff Madden does to people. I'm glad I'm taking this year off and possibly more. I just need to flush my system of this crap. I may give it a rent to play my peeps tho' and kick some butt.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:16 PM   #71
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm a little dissapointed with the game. It's Madden and it's getting OLD. The owner mode is nice. Maybe I'm expecting much more from this franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 07:23 PM   #72
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anybody else a little disappointed with Madden 04?

I'll say it.

I am disappointed by this game... big time. Why? I don't know as I cannot put my finger on it. The game is good, don't get me wrong.

To me NCAA Football 2004 is the much better, more polished game. Everything from gameplay, to graphics, to even the overlays and menus in NCAA has a much better overall appearance to it than those found in Madden.

I know I know... it's not just the overall appearance.. believe me. I don't know how to explain it...

NCAA has all the atmosphere in the world and compared to it, Madden has none.

There is no parity among the teams in Madden. The lowest rated team is an 80 and the highest rated team is an 88???? Come on now, no way is the worst team only 8 points below the best.

I don't know... I've really got to give it some more time because I've only played for like 4 hours compared to 3+ days of NCAA Football, but right now EA's NCAA looks to get most of the clock in my PS2.

I'm ashamed to say it, but by 3+ days, I don't mean I've owned the game that long... I've logged that many hours into it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »