Home

Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #25
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts

Ian I propose that you guys continue doing things like this certain aspects you guys may look into doing that are on the fence ideas see what type of options would be acceptable or if its even worth it. I think you would see some of the same individuals with good insight. You guys could base your next step with our ideas in mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #26
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree with everything KBLover said.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

thx for posting this. i don't really get the urge to change the ratings but i would like the ratings in offline franchise change from week to week depending on the stats from the previous week. also not have the ratings link with contracts. like someone said earlier have it linked with season stats
Old 11-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 2

"Good News: It's very easy enough to 'unlock' the screen to allow someone to edit everything about their players in Franchise mode. Took like 10 minutes to do. "

When you say it took 10 mins can this be done at home??? All i want is to have the ability to create my own players for ex Brian St. Pierre in Madden NFL 11 Ea forgot to activate those keys which i required to put in a period for the guy it is his legal name , Also when i watch the game on DirecTV his jersey has the period. Compare to madden 11 Brian St Pierre Why this simply edit fuction taken from the users who each year buy the game to enjoy it. Not wait for each week roster update to make the correct changes to the roster inorder to start a franchise !!!!Ian help!!!!!!!!!!Ea any one!!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #29
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

How about a limit of 20 (or whatever # works to prevent instability) points to "spend" per player?

Make it available in-season only, not in pre or post.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

While we're talking editing.....can something be done to allow created players faces to be displayed in Franchise menu and stat screens instead of the black portrait.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #31
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
I am not one who likes or wants to edit rosters in franchise mode but I would like to have the progression weeks from PS2 back and I would like to see a way to shut off the Potentials. I loved playing Madden 09 on the PS2 cause I could use anyone and have them go from 70 to 90 in three seasons. You can't do that in this game, not unless they have A potential. I think we should be able to shut it off since we all paid 60 bucks for this game. I have played 8 seasons on my franchise and I love it but I am not happy that I can't use a D pot QB and have him get better even though he is putting up some good stats year in and year out.

I like the idea of being able to edit guys but I would rather have the opportunity to shut off the Potentials all together so it does matter who I draft. I will always be able to progress them in a timely manner and have them become studs by the end of their rookie contract.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us Ian. You guys are attempting to make things better and we greatly appreciate it. You are showing us that EA does care about the Hardcore and Amateur Madden players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #32
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Editing player ratings in Franchise - need your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This makes a LOT of sense. I'd even want to take it a step further to include mental/technique ratings (weighted by position of course - RBF shouldn't matter as much to a WR as to a TE or FB and obviously much more to a OL. AWR should matter a lot to QBs while still of some importance everywhere else, etc)
I would exclude mental/technique from potential. The theory is that everyone CAN learn. All players can learn to the point where their awareness is high & techniques are good. But the slow athlete will never be fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What if we don't think the player should have that potential rating? For example, if the game gave Tebow A potential or disagreed with Mark Sanchez being A potential to start this season, but wanted to leave their actual ratings alone, but put their POTs at B?

Or we disagree with some of the POTs the 2011 real life class gets and want to modify just the POTs and not the actual ratings? I'm sure people in the "Brady was once rated D potential" crowd would want to do some "revisionist history" and have him develop in game from a youngster to a star, without having to make him a star from day one just to get A potential on him, and then start a franchise to see how he develops in game, things like that.
If they do this correctly, potential ratings would be tied to physical size & ability. You shouldn't be able to lower potential without lowering physical ratings.

But I think folks mix up potential and actual ability & production. Potential is a guess at a particular point in time. A coach saying a player has D potential shouldn't limit his future ratings. It's just his opinion on the likelihood a player will reach a certain level.

In the case of Tebow, his potential should be high. He's a big, strong, fast QB. If he were to get the coaching Brady got, and could embrace it, he'd be one of the best ever. BETTER than Brady. I think folks are down on Tebow's potential rating because he hasn't fufilled it... yet. Think about what folks thought of Vick until this year.

In the case of Tom Brady, he just surpassed what most felt his potential was. He had/has superior coaching and he got stronger. It doesn't change the fact that he was a skinny QB with not a lot of potential.

Some folks never reach their potential and some surpass it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »