Home

Can someone please tell me something good about Madden 04?

This is a discussion on Can someone please tell me something good about Madden 04? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 10:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Can someone please tell me something good about Madden 04?

Quote:

joeboo said:
Don't forget that many negative posters are people that wanted to see Madden fail. They're the NFL2K4 guys who come over here and say "madden sucks" etc... It happened during baseball and it's happening now. Too many people find the need to bash another game because they enjoy it's competition. Let's just say these people need that morale boost for some reason.

I'm enjoying Madden so far. And I'm a guy who bought 3 different baseball games and will buy ESPN football when that comes out as well. I like to have some options! So don't always believe what you read.

These negative posters are Madden fans not 2kers. People in this thread are Madden fans who are disappointed with it.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:56 AM   #10
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

GreenGlen said:

Quote:

Don't forget that many negative posters are people that wanted to see Madden fail. They're the NFL2K4 guys who come over here and say "madden sucks" etc...

Exactly!

When they release their game and parts do not live up to the hype, you will see the same type of negetivity that is seen on this board now. Gamers Hype

Thats what I'm saying. They think the game will be absolutly flawless and no game has ever been flawless. Thier basing the games greatness from a 3 minute demo, when they have no clue how the franchise stats/overlay/features are gonna work. They dont even know how a complete game feels yet, and if everything is presented correctly. What it comes down to is that they wanna see Madden fail, for what reason I dont know but they are quick to say irs the same game when thier game might end up some mutated monster. I'm still getting both games but I will in no way judge a game off of one days play. So far I'm loving Madden because this is the closest they have ever came to perfection in the gameplay.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:57 AM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Don't be so sensitive Jooboo. People aren't saying Madden sucks, they are expressing their disappointment and backing it up with why. Many are also pointing out what the game does well, and many say that it will appeal to certain audiences. Now perhaps some of these posters did get their hopes up too high, but I believe these to be legit impressions of people who bought the game, not just a bunch of Sega boyz conspiring against the king.

Besides, I come here to get good info on games, and I find both positive and negative comments to be useful. I want to know what people are complaining about and then decide how important those gripes are to my particular preferences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 11:08 AM   #12
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
When advertised features don't work (draft classes), That's a problem.

yeah, it's definitely a problem...but on the same point I'm thinking of picking up the PS2 version on my way home...not sure if they'll have any in, but i'll probably cave
Old 08-12-2003, 11:10 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm not being sensitive as much as I'm being honest. It happens all the time. I could care less what some other guy on the internet thinks of a game I play. If I enjoy it, I'm going to keep playing it. Anothers opinion doesn't mean anything to me. I'll probably enjoy NFL2K4 just as much since I enjoyed it last year as well. I think both football games have their own strengths/weaknesses.

My point is, people feel the need to bash games because it makes them feel better about their own game. It happens EVERY YEAR and will continue to happen.

CLASSIFIED: And how do you know these are Madden fans??? You don't. It's not uncommon for people who are NFL2K4 fans to post on a Madden thread simply to bash the game (and vice versa). We even had an acclaim employee on here once tout ASB and bash every other baseball game in those baseball game's threads. He even went as far as to spew lies about the other games....
Old 08-12-2003, 11:37 AM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Jooboo, OK yeah, I do agree with your point. I think the mods here do a pretty good job of keeping that to a minimum, but it does happen. And I will also conceed that at least some of the negative posts are probably bogus, but I still believe that the majority are from genuine Madden fans giving their honest opinion.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:45 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

mgoblue said:
Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
When advertised features don't work (draft classes), That's a problem.

yeah, it's definitely a problem...but on the same point I'm thinking of picking up the PS2 version on my way home...not sure if they'll have any in, but i'll probably cave

I had the xbox version pre-ordered, but the guys at the store let me get a ps2 version. I'm going to try to hold off opening it for a couple days in case a solution is found to the import problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 11:54 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Cardot said:
Besides, I come here to get good info on games, and I find both positive and negative comments to be useful. I want to know what people are complaining about and then decide how important those gripes are to my particular preferences.

I hear ya!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »