Home

Run blocking ratings...need help

This is a discussion on Run blocking ratings...need help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Run blocking ratings...need help

I noticed with some Madden generated linemen I drafted that they have high overalls but really low run block and pass block ratings (mid 40s). Their other ratings are great though, including strength, pass block strength, etc. So my question is this: do the general run block and pass block ratings not matter as much as the specific ones (RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Run blocking ratings...need help

In my opinion from some practice mode testing the "Pass Block" & "Run Block" ratings don't matter much. I toyed with some players after seeing similar linemen to what you saw with the great everything & 40's PB / RB and came to the conclusion they don't matter.

Also the OVR formula agrees with this line of thought. If you make 2 LT with identical ratings in everything except the blocking ones and give one the highest in PB/RB and lowest in the footwork/strengths and give the other lowest PB/RB and highest footwork/strengths the difference is the first will have a like a sub 25 OVR while the latter will have an 85+ OVR.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks man
Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

I wish the developers would give us more information about what each rating is designed to do. I believe one of the sets of blocking ratings only matters if games are simmed, while another set only matters if games are played (which makes no sense to me, but that's a different issue). I am an advocate of reducing the number of ratings and making each actually matter. Oh, and of explaining what the darn ratings mean!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »