Home

Imported Draft class ratings

This is a discussion on Imported Draft class ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Imported Draft class ratings

Why do players ratings from ncaa not translate to madden. I had a QB in my dynasty that i couldnt wait to graduate so that i could draft him in madden but his ratings didnt translate to madden
Heres 2 players to compare

NCAA Ratings and stats
QB-- Johnny Billings

OVR: 99
SPD/ACC: 81/79
AWR: 99
THP: 91
THA: 99

career stats: 20,147 pass yards 196 TD's (4yr starter)

Madden stats

OVR: 66
POT: B
SPD: 80
AWR: 59
THP: 92
THA: 72
STA: 60
MTA: 75
DTA: 56

CB-- Jeremy Griffin
NCAA stats

OVR: 90
SPD: 96
ACC: 87
AWR: 88
MCV: 94
ZCV: 93

Madden

OVR: 90
POT: A
SPD: 93
AWR: 77
MCV: 92
ZCV: 98

whats the deal and is there a way to fix this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
Rookie

mkeller25's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Imported Draft class ratings

No way to fix it. The import system is, for lack of a better term, flawed.

If you want certain players to be better, save right before it asks you if you want to import a draft class (end of preseason.) Do the import, start the season and go to scouting. Checkout the scouting on your guys and see if they're any good - thats really all you can do.

Its hit or miss. Generally players that are truly outstanding do stick out though, they just have to really be studs otherwise they will come in, at least sometimes, as those deadly 66ovr with B potential that go nowhere.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

The two dev teams need to make the games together so they can fix this. Or at least let us edit the draft classes and players like in the NBA 2K series so we can fix the mistakes.

They even told us that they fixed this issue, but it's still better than the premade draft classes.

Those are so over the top it takes all the fun out of the game.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try to import multiple times. It is basically random.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUnit
Try to import multiple times. It is basically random.
What he said, Ive even had players who don't make the draft one import, but will the next time I load that class.
I've drafted the same QB with ovr ranging from 60's to 80's, all random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know this will never happen, but NCAA and madden need to go to ONE UNIFORM RATING SYSTEM. This means that players should not slow down when they go from NCAA to madden. This means that the best player in NCAA will be like an 82. But it would fix so many problems. You just include two ratings in NCAA, a college potential rating and a pro potential rating. The pro potential rating is hidden in NCAA and revealed upon the madden export. But the OVR does not change upon the import. That way we can have our Tim Tebows, who would be an 82 in both NCAA and Madden, would dominate NCAA, but would have F potential.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Most important factors when importing QB's (requirement for 1st round w/ A potential in parenthesis):

1. OVR (99)
1. AWR (> 94)
2. Height/Weight (> 6'2" 200)
3. THP (> 94)
4. THA (> 94)

If you import QB's who meet the above criteria then they will likely be 1st to 2nd round picks in every draft class generation.

The class generation does randomize quite a bit to a ratings curve per position, so if you have 4-5 QB's at 99 OVR then it's likely that only 2-3 will grade out as 1st-2nd round talents.

I actually love the way the classes import from NCAA. The problem in my opinion is that Madden teams don't draft with a positional bias and simply select the best OVR player available at positions of need. For example, real NFL general managers do not select FB's in the 1st/2nd rounds, rarely select K/P at all in the first 6 rounds, rarely select OG's in the top 15 picks, rarely select FS/SS in the top 5 picks, and almost always draft QB's in the 1st round if they are quality prospects. None of this happens in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »