Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details, Post Impressions Here

started a new franchise and i saw Santa at every game so far.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #74
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
started a new franchise and i saw Santa at every game so far.
Is this a bug introduced with the new patch?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

maybe or its probably because i started a new franchise in mid december
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #76
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

That was before the new patch even came out. I think it is more to do that all games read your system clock and being that it is december it just automatically puts in santa in your game despite the fact you just started a new franchise and playing in august.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #77
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm sorry in advance for sounding like I'm talking down to some of you in here...... but my patience has run out.

My god people...... enough with the Santa stuff already..... Are some of you really that thick....? It's based on your system clock. Don't you realize that it started saying "Happy Hollidays" on the bottom of your screen as well.....? Sheeesh......

In Oct. games we had the Breast Cancer Awareness accessories, etc. They went away as soon as Oct. was over.

As soon as the Holliday season is over..... we'll stop seeing Santa and the Happy Hollidays theme.

As a matter of fact..... in your pre game settings screen..... you can choose "presentation type" and you can play with the Breast Cancer Awareness theme, Holliday theme, and others. When our sytem clock meets the criteria, then the theme is set automatically unless you change it yourself.

Again.... I apologize for ranting..... but I really want to see more info and feedback on this title update. I'm confused as to how anyone has it, when Ian said on his twitter that the official release of it was on Dec. 14th.... ??? Maybe the 14th is just for the U.S. ....... ???

Last edited by Megatron2k7; 12-11-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
You can't prevent users online from cheesing certain plays and moves. Ramping up the cpu teammates AI play recognition just makes a jumbo mess of things when you have a user playing against the cpu.
Fully agree. Catering towards online is a waste of time. As long as it's a sports game, users will find a way to cheese it. It's like trying to cater towards players who hate camping in shooting games, you'd ruin the experience by doing so. People always find a way to play their own game.

How are they improving defensive reaction time? The defense already gets to the ball before your offensive players by a wide margin.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #79
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Fully agree. Catering towards online is a waste of time. As long as it's a sports game, users will find a way to cheese it. It's like trying to cater towards players who hate camping in shooting games, you'd ruin the experience by doing so. People always find a way to play their own game.

How are they improving defensive reaction time? The defense already gets to the ball before your offensive players by a wide margin.
That happens because the CPU knows every call you make and cheats! Also, it has to decide what should occur. The question in my mind is how does the CPU decide whether or not your play choice is successful? For example, my CB intercepted a pass and fumbled so the CPU player could pick it up and race around 60 yards for a TD.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #80
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Guys, I am not sure the Santa Clause glitch is actually a glitch. It could be something that's working off of the system clock/date and the last time I checked it was December.
well then how come in my newly started franchise.....every single game...even in august, show the santa? thats where the problem lies......
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »