Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy

I'd also like to say that I appreciate the time that Ian, Donny, Josh, and all the other guys put into making this game. I think Madden is finally going in the right direction again, and hopefully we'll get back to having great franchise mode and gameplay like we did in the Madden/2k days.
Believe you are the first to say that, you're welcome. I think they are fun to do. I love talking Madden football with the guys.

But like Ian said, if some of the more Negative Nellie's of the forum basically come on here and try and throw you under the bus for spending the time to give you guys more insight into our process, well then that starts making little sense for anybody to keep continuing. So quit it so we can keep these things going!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
This podcast did accomplish one thing. I went to gamestop today and got Head Coach 09 for $6. Forgot how much fun I had with that game!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NICE! I heart that game.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #187
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Believe you are the first to say that, you're welcome. I think they are fun to do. I love talking Madden football with the guys.

But like Ian said, if some of the more Negative Nellie's of the forum basically come on here and try and throw you under the bus for spending the time to give you guys more insight into our process, well then that starts making little sense for anybody to keep continuing. So quit it so we can keep these things going!
IMO you guys shouldn't focus on all the negative talk.

Not saying you shouldn't look at the criticism, because in certain areas it is warranted, but the guys that are just out there to bash anything Madden related or not give out constructive criticism should be ignored by you guys.

Don't let those guys ruin something like this that is good for the community.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #188
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Looking forward to what was learned from Head Coach (enjoyed their enthusiasm on the topic) and how that reflects in 12s franchise. Disappointed in the response to online franchise, sounds like that's another iteration off from being what they want it to be and/or may not even get any love at all in 12. My use case is 3-4 friends who just want to play their franchises in the same world. We're team builders, so need a functional draft w/out seeing ratings, salary cap, etc.

Thanks for taking the time.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #189
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Donny, Ian, & Josh, thank you for taking the time to do these podcast. Please don't let a few negative people kill this for all of us. I was happy to hear that the franchise mode was going to become a focal point this year and in years to come. It is the one reason I buy Madden. Any improvement big or small will go a long way in my book. I look forward to hearing more about Madden 12. I wish you guys would tell the NCAA team to do the same thing with podcast. I love getting updates on what may or may not happen with the game. Gets me pumped up for the next years game. Once again thanks guys for the info.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey guys, great podcast I look forward to the future of madden..

But I was wondering about something, can you guys look back at the 2 versions of Front Office Football distributed by EA in 2000 & 2001.

Possibly snag some idea's from those two excellent text based sims? Or are they off limits?

Thanks,

JJ

Old 12-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #191
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I don't give a crap about that opinion...it's just your opinion. We deal with criticism...every hour, every day. I don't want to do them if they aren't reaching their intent, which was to engage the community in a new way. We are trying to just be honest with how things work behind the scenes, but since many don't like to hear that and just turn it into a negative thing, then it isn't achieving the intent.
Ian, madden 11 is one of the best FB titles i have played in years (especialy post patch) lots of rare animations that happen at just the right time and animate realisticly. Keep up your good work man, you are the man that has made madden playable again IMHO.......happy holidays from a 2K diehard
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »