Home

Support or Against Podcast

This is a discussion on Support or Against Podcast within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: For or Against Podcasts
For Podcasts 65 78.31%
Against Podcasts 18 21.69%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Support or Against Podcast

"Fair enough then, we'll stop the podcasts, since we can't tell you what we can do."

Ian put this in the Podcast #3 thread, because of all the criticism he's taking for taking their time out of their day to communicate with the community. So, here is a vote to tell them what the general community thinks here, and not just the few on that thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Support or Against Podcast

I voted they continue the podcasts. I also want to know if they can add a female with a sexy voice to podcast 4 and beyond.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Really easy for me to vote on this one.

It's only December folks, you have 9 more months before the game comes out. The podcast are just nuggets of info, until the real info comes out.

Don't know how anyone can glean information from podcast in December without any concrete info for Madden 12.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

I think they are a fantastic idea.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:36 AM   #5
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Hard to say on this one. I listened to #3 because I was really bored and I gleaned basically nothing for my 35 minutes or whatever. In fact, all of their rootin' and tootin' over ultimate team actually made me think more negatively about the team than before I had listened. I think they are trying to pull content out of their butts. If there is no news, than there is no need for a podcast. I believe they are trying to push Madden as this persistent world like a World of Warcraft, but in reality it just isn't. The most evolving thing they have is MUT and that is a gated community that most of us will never participate in.

Maybe some of the problem was within the subject matter chose. I was excited to have a listen after the surprise release of patch 5 because I thought they were going to toot their own horns about it and go over the details. I am not sure if it was a timing thing, but nothing was mentioned about patch #5. Again, I think they are doing themselves a disservice with the podcast idea. All I heard was an EA/TIB Ultimate Team promo that wasted my time (I want that 35 minutes of my life back!). I know Tib is trying to figure out a way to communicate with the fans (while at the same time not getting swamped with negative feedback), but I am not sure this is the way because I feel they wasted my time with their podcast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 04:10 AM   #6
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Hard to say on this one. I listened to #3 because I was really bored and I gleaned basically nothing for my 35 minutes or whatever. In fact, all of their rootin' and tootin' over ultimate team actually made me think more negatively about the team than before I had listened. I think they are trying to pull content out of their butts. If there is no news, than there is no need for a podcast. I believe they are trying to push Madden as this persistent world like a World of Warcraft, but in reality it just isn't. The most evolving thing they have is MUT and that is a gated community that most of us will never participate in.

Maybe some of the problem was within the subject matter chose. I was excited to have a listen after the surprise release of patch 5 because I thought they were going to toot their own horns about it and go over the details. I am not sure if it was a timing thing, but nothing was mentioned about patch #5. Again, I think they are doing themselves a disservice with the podcast idea. All I heard was an EA/TIB Ultimate Team promo that wasted my time (I want that 35 minutes of my life back!). I know Tib is trying to figure out a way to communicate with the fans (while at the same time not getting swamped with negative feedback), but I am not sure this is the way because I feel they wasted my time with their podcast.
You are definitely entitled to your own opinion and are free to post what you want. That said, I don't understand why you feel "they wasted" your time by doing this podcast. We all have a choice to listen to it or not and I don't think they claimed they were going to discuss the latest patch or stick to some script. I am not trying get all up in yo' bizzzness but the bolded part was a little exaggerated, IMO.

Alot of us are frustrated and want Madden to improve but I don't see how giving them grief for sitting around and shooting the sh*t for the community to hear, is helpful.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

I don't see why it's a waste of time now. Now is the time to come up with what they need to be working on. Now is nearly a year before the next title is released, so they can listen to the community to see what they need to do, with plenty of time to do it. I understand Mr. Cummings frustrations, it's gotta be hard to come on these forums and have people question your dedication and work ethic and so on, but you gotta understand that the community is frustrated too. We want a new game, as in new gameplay, not time spent on silly features like Ultimate Team, Fight for the Fumble, Gameflow. I'd much rather see that time spent on re-animating this game, so I don't feel like I'm playing with robots that get sucked into animations anymore.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Really easy for me to vote on this one.

It's only December folks, you have 9 more months before the game comes out. The podcast are just nuggets of info, until the real info comes out.

Don't know how anyone can glean information from podcast in December without any concrete info for Madden 12.
I agree with Roadman on this..Its only December, and it is nice to hear their thought process is for different topics, even if we don't agree with all of them. But for people to get upset because they are not committing to telling us anything isnt fair to them. We have never received info until after the draft, but since Ian took over we have been getting things much earlier.

If people want to voice their opinion that's fine, but I think they should wait until they see videos or hear actual facts about the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »