Home

WR DROPS AFTER PATCH

This is a discussion on WR DROPS AFTER PATCH within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3
WR DROPS AFTER PATCH

This is really starting to piss me off. I get home and see a new patch for madden, im all excited. I play a quick game DAL(me) vs WAS and i litteraly had 11 DROPS IN THE 1ST HALF. 5 BY JASON WITTEN. Im sorry EA, but i am definantly going back to sliders.
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WR DROPS AFTER PATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lccowboys
This is really starting to piss me off. I get home and see a new patch for madden, im all excited. I play a quick game DAL(me) vs WAS and i litteraly had 11 DROPS IN THE 1ST HALF. 5 BY JASON WITTEN. Im sorry EA, but i am definantly going back to sliders.
I dont have that many but I do have 3 drops split between 3 guys.

Stafford is also 5 for 20 , 65 yards, 2 picks and a QB rating of 1 in the third quarter. Using the Giantsfan sliders.

"I study film like a coach and listen like a rookie"

---Ray Lewis
Old 12-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I am actually glad to see more drops. In fact, this goes back to a discussion our group of friends have had off and on all season.

Wide receivers, or as we have called them jokingly, "catch the ball guy," have not been "catching the ball." in fact, looking back at The 100 Greatest Players list on NFL network, the joke was that Jerry Rice [of whom I am huge fan] is so great because "he actually caught the ball, you know, like all the time."

Watching the NFL this season you see example after example of poor WR play. Now, we were not only blaming the WRs, but how even ESPN talked about how nearly all of Alex Smith's interceptions this year came off of passes bouncing out of his receiver's hands, popping up into the air, and landing in defender's hands. Watching the Jets just last week was a great example of "catch the ball guy" not catching the ball over and over again. The Bills lost to the Steelers because "catch the ball guy" dropped 6 passes, including what would have been an Over Time game winner.

It's possible that default WR catching is a bit low, but one game is hardly evidence of that. In fact, I have been using sliders with lowered catching [set to about 40] since shortly after the game came out. A lot of drives and incomplete passes in this league come from passes that are simply dropped, not knocked out by a great defensive hit.

On the flip side of the coin, the Patriots look nearly unstoppable yet again and tom Brady looks like "the man" part in parcel because they "never" drop the ball. my friend, being a Jets fan, was complaining [obviously] that it's "BS" because the patriots never drop a pass while former Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes can "only catch a pass in the 4th quarter." After all, the Jets would have beaten the Dolphins had he caught that uncontested TD pass in the 3rd, or they were able to move the chains instead of dropping pass after pass. Sanchez was on the money on a lot of his throws that game, though his stats wouldn't make you think so.

Last edited by PGaither84; 12-16-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Use the patch thread to discuss your impressions about WR dropping the ball more.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »