Home

This is what I waited so long for?!!!!

This is a discussion on This is what I waited so long for?!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 09:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is what I waited so long for?!!!!

So madden 2004 is finally here.BIG F$#@&*! DEAL!!I have some serious issues with this game that I will most likely get mutilated for expressing,but here goes:

1.No logos in create-a-team mode?WTF!!??
2.17 Million create-a-stadium combinations?!Yeah Right!!!
3.Computer super comebacks!!
4.Where's the head tracking on passes from NCAA 2004?!
5.Upgrades that don't even show up?!!How hard to add a screen somewhere in the stands??!!
6.I relocate and have to design these same 3rd hand uniforms they refuse to fix?!!I wanna keep the originals dammitt!!
7.You pick afro as a hairstyle and ocassionally you have half-dreadlocks floating on your neck!!?
8.Tatoos that don't resemble anything on a football field?!and some that look like the ones in bubblegum wrappers!!??
9.In ncaa you see all sort of flash bulbs during bowl games and the crowd is SOOOO Loud.The super bowl
has NONE of that!!!.
10.You can't pass worth beans,but a running back with a high BTK rating can dominate by himself?!!EVEN out the damn A.I.!!

Well......now that I've gotten that of my chest,I must say the positive things are good,like the graphics on replays and the snow effects,but the good just doesn't help balance the dissapointment of what this game could have been...
No doubt madden is the best NFL game this year,but the best FOOTBALL game is NCAA 2004!!No wonder they had the $30 trade-in-promotion...Cause they knew if you had to choose....
Now..All you fan-boys feel free to rip me apart lol..it's just an opinion GET OVER IT!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: This is what I waited so long for?!!!!

1. You worry a lot about non-field issues.

2. You need to play more. You haven't gotten the hang of it yet. If I can pass (and I can now), anyone can.

3. It's a significant improvement, by far the best Madden ever.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:23 AM   #3
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Yea, it took me a while but my passing has improved a heck of a lot. In pre-season my QB ratings were somewhere in the 20s. Now I can have good passing games and complete over 50% of my passes which is great for me. The running game all depends on your slider set-up also.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:24 AM   #4
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

I will have your game since mine hasnt been delivered by future shop yet
Old 08-14-2003, 09:24 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:

only1sheff said:
No doubt madden is the best NFL game this year,but the best FOOTBALL game is NCAA 2004!!

I agree 100%! NCAA is much better then Maddden. To me, Madden seesm static. Almost as if everything has been predetermined. Also, the teams play the same... Basically, the only difference I've seen between the different teams are their uniforms. The QBs/RBs/WRs/TEs all seem to have the same ability, speed, etc. Playing the Chiefs is no different then play the Bucaneers.

NCAA is dynamic! Every game plays differently and every team has a different approach. DB AI is much better and more realistic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 09:26 AM   #6
Rookie

I might be focusing too much on off field-stuff,but only because that's what they hyped up so much this year...Owner mode this,owner mode that,thank god the playmaker feature is worth something.I think I will deliver a list of madden coalition demands for next year directly to EA lol!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »