Home

Troy Polamalu

This is a discussion on Troy Polamalu within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Troy Polamalu

Does anyone have any success with him in their franchise, and if so, how? He's a solid player for me, but not the beast he is IRL. His MCV rating is relatively low and despite a great Spectacular catch rating he just doesn't get a lot of picks. However, I rarely control him because I'm really not very good at playing with a safety. I usually only use him if he's blitzing, or once in a while if he's manned up on a RB and I want to improvise with him.

On a side note, I think it's time EA adds a new animation to the game for his trademark "leaping over the line of scrimmage" in goalline situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Troy Polamalu

I havent really used him against the cpu but against my brother, i routinely put him in the box and he was solid against the run and had enough speed that i could rush him back if it were a pass play.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

no on is beast in this game on defense...unless ur a beast. madden has a hard time translating overall, so therefor u dont feel like ur beasting. i usually user control DE. so who ever plays DE usually beast that game. lol. try read and react. i use that for most of my lb's this way i get both picks and a lot of tackles. if its like Power-I or any power formation stack the box to one side and shift all of ur linemen to the strong side, this way when he tries to cut or run away he runs right into u. i get like 7-10 tackles with one player by just doing that. when it is spread, audible it to man to man and simply watch QB. looks at his stance, the way he stand usually tips where he is throwing it, just be patient and remember to stay in the middle of the field and improve his speed and he can be golden. alot of work though. lol.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
Rookie

I guess I'm just spoiled by watching him every week irl. I want to see him making one-handed picks and such, but that kind of stuff just doesn't happen in Madden. I got two sacks with him tonight against Tebow and I'm usually good against the run with him ( a lot of tackles for loss) but his tackle rating isn't that high either so he misses a few as well. I guess the real problem is that I have a hard time getting him into the Pro Bowl when irl he's pretty much a lock every year as long as he stays healthy, which, ironically is the one thing Madden got right with him: he always seems to be injured.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

My friend plays with troy all the time, and he seems to make the most amazing plays with him, forced fumbles/pics/sacks ect, not sure why you dont have success with him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
Rookie

Does he have any advice?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »