Home

Offline Franchise Simmed and...

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise Simmed and... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Offline Franchise Simmed and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE
also the reason why green bay got in and ny didnt is bc green bay beat ny in the regular season...that is the tie breaker that got the pack in...sounds like ea used the ncaa version of a tie breaker using the strength of schedule to determine a playoff spot...if the nfl uses that logic it must only be used after all other tie breakers have been exhausted but head to head is always the first tie breaker used and then other scenarios
it was a 3 way tie and no team beat the other 2 so that tie breaker did not apply
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
yeah we are...and you are correct this game has major flaws that the customer has to fix by way of someone doing some serious research and posting here on os. this is something simple we all thought ea would have covered its really just looking at nfl tie breaker rules and making sure they are represented in the game as well as how the draft actually works but obviously ea didnt research or look at anything its just a shame lol
they haven't fixed the draft pick value flaw since was discovered 6+ years ago do you really expect the tie breakers to be right if they cant fix that in 6 years?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I do the same thing with the NFL Season and the Packers in Franchise mode, then I control every team, but the draft picks are out of wack and most of the time they don't get signed unless I go through and sign them all by hand. Its a pain. I just changed all the coaching moves that happened, and have to take Mangini out now.

I simmed the whole season game by game as it happened with the Week 13 roster updates and while I like having Charlie Pepprah, Crabtree, Quarless, Nance and Kuhn, I miss Morgan Burnett and James Starks.

For some reason The Rams win the tie breaker between the Seahawks so everything is perfect in the Playoffs besides the Saints/Seahwaks game. Hopefully the Saints blow out the Seahawks so the next round will be perfect.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #20
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
it was a 3 way tie and no team beat the other 2 so that tie breaker did not apply

while it was a three way tie the packers beat everyone in the east except for washington--go figure right lol--so if it would have been a tie with philly instead they still would have gotten in b of head to head

now as far as the bucs are concerned--to heck with it Ea-Tibron just read and apply to the next game and we wont have this problem again
TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
  1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
  1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #21
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
while it was a three way tie the packers beat everyone in the east except for washington--go figure right lol--so if it would have been a tie with philly instead they still would have gotten in b of head to head
it doesnt matter about philly it was a tie with the bucs and the giants

Quote:
Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
they are all in different divisions so this tie breaker didnt apply

Quote:
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
this also didnt apply since no one team beat the other 2

Quote:
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
they were all 8-4 so they moved on to the next tie breaker

Quote:
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
this didnt apply as they didnt have 4 common games

Quote:
Strength of victory.
this is what the packers got in on as stated in the previous post and evidenced by the explanation on espn.com

6 y - Green Bay 10 6 0 .625 4-2-0 8-4-0 .520 .475 Wins tie break over NY Giants and Tampa Bay based on strength of victory.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...nk/order/false
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #22
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

well as i said before if it is a tie breaker rule for strength of schedule every other tie breaker was exhausted until they got to the decision ergo it should be in madden and ea needs to look at the tie breaker rules and the draft rules entirely...point blank they do a half *** job to just get the game out by polishing up graphics and a couple of tackle/catch animations and expect "HARDCORE" fans like ourselves to be satisfied...bottom line ea needs to quit trying to cater to fair weather fans and just make the game correctly.

And while they are at it can they get "EVERY" penalty in the game and actually have them work..the only penalty i see called on a consistent basis is off sides/false start..i got PI for OFF/DEF at 100% and its never been called!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #23
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
are we really complaining about a franchise mode that has an inaccurate 5th tie breaker, when there are much more glaring omissions like only having 10 draft picks, no compensational picks and only being able to trade the current years picks. not to mention the flawed trading system all together.
great point!
GO GATORS

Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
are we really complaining about a franchise mode that has an inaccurate 5th tie breaker, when there are much more glaring omissions like only having 10 draft picks, no compensational picks and only being able to trade the current years picks. not to mention the flawed trading system all together.
ugh... another conversation-killer.

I hate this argument. No matter what complaint or concern that somebody has with the game, without fail, someone else will come in and say "are you really going to complain about original_issue, when there are more important things like their_opinion_1 and their_opinion_2 that still aren't fixed?"

Everyone has their own complaints and issues about the game, and everyone has their own things that really bug them, which may or may not be the same issues that others have with the game... so let people talk about and complain about their own concerns, and if you don't care about it, then don't "waste your time" by reading or commenting.

#GoPackGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »