Home

Disappointing

This is a discussion on Disappointing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 11:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Disappointing

Anyone who thinks this is the best football game in this series is def playing for the first time. Or, you need to step away from the pipe, cause the smoke is get'n thick.

It's sad, I am not playing the games at all now. I'm just simming to get to the off season. The funnest part is making specific players better in the training camp. The draft sucks because the computer doesn't generate decent players in the draft. That's why I rely (relied) on NCAA to compensate. Even the generating of decent recruits in NCAA was fixed this year. Man, that crew has to be laughing at the Madden developers now. I wish they would show the Madden team how to make and fix a game, because I think the Madden guys are clueless.

I'd like to point out that the high number of Panther and UNC fans here at OS make me feel at home. Go Carolina.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I totally agree with the original poster.

It seems like the makers of NCAA focused on gameplay issues, while the makers of Madden focused on extra's and "owner's mode."

So, for this year at least, NCAA 2004 > Madden 2004.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:44 AM   #11
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Wow, I must say I'm surprised. Every year on OS (actually...only the past 2 years) I see people's end opinions and it seems people have finally realized what EA Sports is doing to us. It's quite sad really.

NBA Live, without any questions asked was the best NBA basketball game out there...then 2002 came. But of course EA Sports supporters said 'Don't worry, everything is goint to be fixed next year'. So 2003 rolled around and yes, did have good atmosphere, but otherwise could be called a complete opposite of a simulation basketball game. Some supporters said to wait until next year and so far the outlook is not good.

The NHL series was also the best of its kind. NHL 2002 came out and had some good gameplay, but it yelled 'arcadish' in most areas of the game. No worries though. NHL 2003 comes out and most people will say, it was also the worst EA Sports game to come out so far.

Now the madden series really hasn't had to bad of a recent history. Madden 2001 came out and is still in my mind the best football game money can buy. After much anticipation Madden 2002 came out...it fixed some complaints, but pretty much messed up the entire gameplay engine and the animations were horrid. But then Madden 2003 came out, much improved. But oddly enough, none of the gameplay issues were fixed. Now I haven't played Madden 2004, but seeing people's reactions...like EA Sports has done for the past 3 years (2002-2004 versions of there games) is they work on graphics and features. But for all of there games, they've gone to the Arcade side.

I guess its just taken the best series unchanged for people to see the light of what EA Sports is doing. It's not because there dumb and it's not because they don't know how to do it. Because believe me, they can make the games look better. But pure and simple, at the moment, the only thing EA Sports cares about is the money. Whatever they do to make money, they will do. I can gurantee in 2001 they sat down and the president showed them that the majority of people buying Madden were kids. The president (or whoever it was) told them to make it arcadish or else. I really loved EA Sports and was actually a EA [censored you naughty boy] back then. Then I looked at other sports games when the 2002 games came out and last year I basically looked elsewhere for a basketball and hockey game. Now they can't even let one series live on as the King in almost everyone's hearts? It's a shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 10:40 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Here's a couple more: Game is to fast, pinball running backs and the audio sucks... boring.... I switched to Sega Hockey last year and I maybe switching football titles this year. Bye bye Madden.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:46 AM   #13

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree with you guys. I am disappointed. I keep trying to make myself enjoy the game but I am having a hard time and the two roster bugs are killing me. I hate to say it but the game is most likely going back.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:51 AM   #14
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Anyone who thinks this is the best football game in this series is def playing for the first time. Or, you need to step away from the pipe, cause the smoke is get'n thick.

So if we don't agree with YOUR opinion of madden not being the best Madden football game so far we are now ? Why can't we have a different opinion without being called names? Whats wrong with you people?

Old 08-15-2003, 10:52 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

sorry Madden rules
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 12:32 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

Ive noticed alot of the haters of Madden are on the Xbox version. PC version is sweet as hell and patches can only make it better.

Consoles PC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »