Home

Defensive Player Positioning

This is a discussion on Defensive Player Positioning within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6
Defensive Player Positioning

I was just thinking if it would be possible for the Madden team to add a feature to the d-linemen and linebackers where you could stand them up or put them into a three point stance with a button push and that could tie into finesse or power rush attributes. Good idea or not, just wondering. Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Defensive Player Positioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizen
I was just thinking if it would be possible for the Madden team to add a feature to the d-linemen and linebackers where you could stand them up or put them into a three point stance with a button push and that could tie into finesse or power rush attributes. Good idea or not, just wondering. Thanks!!
Cool idea... But with all the flak about the 1-5-5 being cheese - just because someone thinks its hard t move the ball on - This would just fan the flames of players who play for fun against people who play for keeps.

Later
Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
I love it. I brought it up in a thread last year. I think you should just limit the audible to one player on the defense, just like you can only motion one player on offense. Then it would be easier to duplicate the hybrid players and switch from 4-3 to 3-4 looks and vice versa. It's a simple addition that wouldn't change gameplay mechanics.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I think you should just limit the audible to one player on the defense, just like you can only motion one player on offense.
Um... Gotta disagree. Legally only one offensive player can be in motion either parallel or away from the line of scrimmage. There is no legality limiting the number of defensive players that can move as long as they don't enter the neutral zone before the snap.

If this were enabled, you should be able to stand up as many players as you want on defense.

Later
Old 01-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Um... Gotta disagree. Legally only one offensive player can be in motion either parallel or away from the line of scrimmage. There is no legality limiting the number of defensive players that can move as long as they don't enter the neutral zone before the snap.

If this were enabled, you should be able to stand up as many players as you want on defense.

Later
I'm talking in Madden world. I know you can motion more than one offensive player on one play, but you can't in Madden.

So in your response to the 1-5-5 cheese, I suggested that if this was implemented as an audible, maybe just limit it to one defensive player so as not to change the entire formation. Even though in real life obviously any player can go from a 2 to a 3 point stance at any time, for Madden purposes it would be limited so that every 4-3 play wasn't turned into 11 guys standing up; just like Madden limits our ability to motion more than one player before a play, even though it is legal (obviously you can't motion them at the same time unless you're shifting).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm talking in Madden world. I know you can motion more than one offensive player on one play, but you can't in Madden.

So in your response to the 1-5-5 cheese, I suggested that if this was implemented as an audible, maybe just limit it to one defensive player so as not to change the entire formation. Even though in real life obviously any player can go from a 2 to a 3 point stance at any time, for Madden purposes it would be limited so that every 4-3 play wasn't turned into 11 guys standing up; just like Madden limits our ability to motion more than one player before a play, even though it is legal (obviously you can't motion them at the same time unless you're shifting).
Madden world? god please bring 2k football back.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone know why the dev's only allow one offensive player motion? Also the 1-5-5 is good against a base o-line. But shift your line in the direction of the blitz, or audible to a run (within the same formation). O-line run blocking LB is money if you know how to play the game.

Back to the topic: I think making the pt stance a pre-play audible would waste that pre-play audible spot. However, most of the plays you see this occur IRL are designed that way. It's often not an audible, but a designed look meant to confuse the QB who likes to throw short crossing routes (and may be less comfortable if d-lineman are going to be moving into zones that intersect the WRs route). I think if it were added to base plays that would be a nice addition (maybe a package option), but there are more pressing matters for pre-play adjustments i.e. stunts, delay blitz, ect)
Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6

I wouldn't consider this an audible, because its more of a line switch and positioning movement that could have it's own button set up pre-snap. Example would be to take control of the LDE, move him inside a little and then move the LOLB up to the line and hit a button to put him into the 3 pt stance., but you could hit the same button to stand him up on the same spot if you wanted to...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »