Home

Am I the only one that actually likes this game?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that actually likes this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2003, 08:05 AM   #25
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Am I the only one that actually likes this game?

This is probably the first time in any madden game that can't be throwing hail marys in every play and expect a high success rate...I'm really liking this game alot..It's the most challenging of all the Madden IMHO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 08:08 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

MaddenMan said:
Quote:

playerX said:
Here's my ratings/ comments...

i do not love this game, i barley like it. But i'll continue playing it with the bags and all till ESPN is in my XBOX.

Gameplay: 8.6 (too many little bugs)
Presentation: 8.4 (did the best they could with EA stuff everywhere)
Sound: 7 ( commentary gets smarter but says stuff at the wrong time)
Graphics: 7.9 (even w/ XBOX player Models dont look as sharp, and crowds are not good)
Lasting Appel: 9.8 (owner mode is awsome, but the bugs will catch up to you)

overall- 9.3

You barely like it but you give it an 9.3???

i don't get it.

No, you misqouted him: He "BARLEY" likes it, which appears to be slang for "really". Used in context: "That new Yanni CD is barley cool". That appears to be the only reasoning for the 9.3 rating.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:15 AM   #27
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

JayGibbons said:
Quote:

MaddenMan said:
Quote:

playerX said:

i do not love this game, i barley like it. But i'll continue playing it with the bags and all till ESPN is in my XBOX.

Graphics: 7.9 (even w/ XBOX player Models dont look as sharp, and crowds are not good)

overall- 9.3

i don't get it.

No, you misqouted him: He "BARLEY" likes it, which appears to be slang for "really". Used in context: "That new Yanni CD is barley cool". That appears to be the only reasoning for the 9.3 rating.

I'm sorry I thought Barely would mean very little - a total score of around 70-75 would make sense to me - not a very high score of 9+.

Old 08-15-2003, 08:28 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 21

Easily the best version of Madden ever..............

Improved in many many areas.................

Were we not saying Madden 2003 was the best Madden ever at this time last year ?

I see these 2 statements and I think Ford Mustang GT was a good car last year with 1 cup holder. If they add 2 cupholders next year, It would be the BEST Mustang GT ever.
Thats all I will say about that. The wise will understand.

The many areas of improvement....

Graphics....NO, They look just like they did the last 2 years, just looks like the changed the color of the textures. Other than that they are still bobble head dolls in the gameplay view. They do look nice in the replays.

PlayMaker..........Thus far useless offensively, but the jury is still out, Ill blame my lack of practice with it as to why it is thus far useless. Defensively I think it can help hide what coverage you are in and confuse the offense. So Ill give some credit there. The package feature is a time saver and a nice touch.

I have not really messed around with the owner mode. I am not a franchise type. I am sure this is where the bulk of the game iprovements where made. I think this is where some of us are finding some of our discontent. They went nuts on the sim city stuff and did little to gameplay. I am almost certain that if you play around with the player ratings in Madden 2003 you could almost have the same playing game as Madden 2004.

I am not gonna nitpick on other issues. I liked Madden 2003....how can yah not like Madden 2004 ? Its the same game sped up. So from a is it a good football game point of view no one is gonna say its not, but from a I just shelled out 50 bones and have to play this the rest of the year point of view, I am not thrilled at all.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:34 AM   #29
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I'll admit it taking some getting used to, but it's growing on me. I've had to tweak my AP sliders to get a competitive game, but it's coming around. Most of the things I was unhappy about I've been able to curb by simple slider adjustments such as:

1- ridiculous WR catches by the cpu
2- too many human INT's

Really, that's it. I think by the end of my pre season I'll have a great set of gameplay settings. By the way, I haven't experienced the blowout scores (yet)----but I know it's still the preseason for me! My highest score has been 24. It's still only days into the release and I haven't had time enough to make a review of it. I need more logged hours, and I suspect many others do too. Don't rush to take it back.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

ODogg said:
i'd almost agree with that.......however i'd lower presentation and sound a bit and raise up graphics, the graphics aren't as good as they could be but better than a failing grade IMO (with the high school analogy that 55% is an F grade)

My score for Madden 2004
PS2
Gameplay 9.5
Presentation 8.8
Sound 7.2
Graphics 7.8
Lasting appeal 10

Overall 9.4

if u add this all up its a 8.7
Old 08-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #31
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Most ppls scores are not an average
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 03:36 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

MaddenMan said:
Quote:

JayGibbons said:
Quote:

MaddenMan said:
Quote:

playerX said:

overall- 9.3

i don't get it.

I'm sorry I thought Barely would mean very little - a total score of around 70-75 would make sense to me - not a very high score of 9+.

i shouldnt have said barely, i admit it. I wont like it as much in 3 weeks when ESPN comes out. It's a decend game and i'd say overall it's a 90-95. But somethings just bother me, that doesnt bother others. So it's just on personal preference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »