Home

Anybody use Create a Team feature?

This is a discussion on Anybody use Create a Team feature? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Anybody use Create a Team feature?

I was wondering what it was like or if its pretty much the same as the old PS2 days? What I'm really interested in is the "environments" or back drops to the stadiums. The old versions had "urban", "mountains", etc. Is their a "tropical" back drop with maybe some palm trees/ocean? I'm going to atempt re creating a team in the image of the old California Bulls from the HBO series First & 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDBTI...eature=related

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Anybody use Create a Team feature?

I have two create a team franchises one with a Notre Dame team and the one I'm playing alot of right now is the LA Sharks who when I get bored with them will most likely move to Vegas to be the Outlaws. Overall the feature is basically just like ps2 days, but I believe with less logo options which is by far my biggest criticism of it.

The stadium backdrops are basically the same; downtown, mountains, urban, and rural. No tropical, but you might like either the mountains or urban. I like your idea post some pics or vids if you can.

The one thing I really like about the feature is that they let you edit everything about your team except for their hometown during your franchise which is really cool for getting different uniform combos.

Also, a heads up that i've discovered is that however you set up your endzone text affects your 50 and 25 yd lines. For example if your team has red text with a black outline then the 50 yd line will look like the below pic on the left and the 25 yd lines will look like the pic on the right
Attached Images
File Type: png field lines.png (3.4 KB, 151 views)
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I've created the California Bulls in the past (ps2 days), I've attached a pic below. I'll probably end up using the urban or downtown setting if I can't get the palm trees back drop. I remember Madden 04 had a tropical back drop and I used it for my Hawaii based expansion team. I've attached a pic of them as well, and you can see the back drop I'm speaking of...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg games 002.jpg (205.2 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg m04.jpg (141.7 KB, 133 views)

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 01-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

I have used it a few times, but the feature is so bare bones that it really doesn't add to the franchise mode experience. The stadiums uniforms and logos are so generic that it is hardly worth the effort. Then there is the generated players, I have yet to have the cpu give me a corner or WR over 6 ft tall. It's a nice addition, be again hardly worth the effort.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I've created the California Bulls in the past (ps2 days), I've attached a pic below. I'll probably end up using the urban or downtown setting if I can't get the palm trees back drop. I remember Madden 04 had a tropical back drop and I used it for my Hawaii based expansion team. I've attached a pic of them as well, and you can see the back drop I'm speaking of...
Question how do you get the numbers on the top of the shoulders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2cansam
Question how do you get the numbers on the top of the shoulders?
those pics are from an older version of Madden you can't do shoulder numbers in M11
Old 01-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24

I really wish they would revamp this feature. I like to create expansion teams using the "cupcake" players and trying to rebuild them. It's so bare bones and the logo choices are awful. They need more uniform options too.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

yes it still sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »