Home

Offline Franchise advice..Re-signings.

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise advice..Re-signings. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Offline Franchise advice..Re-signings.

Hi guys,

I have always been fairly strict on my own rules about re-signing players when they get to a certain age.

Luckily for the 2 teams i have tried I havent had to make too many big decisions and the re-signing/draft process has gone ok.

Well I am an Atlanta fan, have avoided them so far, but after our debacle of a playoffs in RL thought give it a go.

Well after a 10-6 season (again lost in playoffs lol), I am facing a tricky re-signing problem.

3 of my top OL are out of contract and so is Brent Grimes. They are rated 87(RT), 87(RG), 86(CB) and 81(LG) respectavley but all commanding huge salaries.

Despite Atlanta having a pretty decent salary cap, don't really fancy blowing the lot on them.

So question is guys, what to do. I'm thinking maximum 2 out of the four but not sure.

Any ideas would be good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Offline Franchise advice..Re-signings.

If it were me personally, I would take the RG and the CB. Just gives you a good balance.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

i'd sign whichever OL is the best at his position (ie, if your 87 overall rt isn't starting, let him go. if not, he should be brought back). is grimes starting? What are his numbers in coverage, speed, etc. I'd look at last years stats and see if he's on the decline. I kept d. hall until he dropped to from my number 1 corner to number 5 (and a 67 overall) simply because his hands were so good he always had at least 3 ints a year, even in the slot.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:02 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have always used a house rule that says that I am only allowed to resign one player during the offseason resigning activity. That one players has to be given the franchise tag so he is going to get premium dollars.

All other fa with expiring contracts has to be released to the fa poll. You are the able to bid on them but can only make one bid pr day. Depending on your team some players won´t resign with you no matter how much money you throw at them...

I think it is a pretty realistic house rule. No team irl is going to resign all its top fa...

It really does add a degree of difficulty to the offseason and franchise mode in general...
Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
I have always used a house rule that says that I am only allowed to resign one player during the offseason resigning activity. That one players has to be given the franchise tag so he is going to get premium dollars.

All other fa with expiring contracts has to be released to the fa poll. You are the able to bid on them but can only make one bid pr day. Depending on your team some players won´t resign with you no matter how much money you throw at them...

I think it is a pretty realistic house rule. No team irl is going to resign all its top fa...

It really does add a degree of difficulty to the offseason and franchise mode in general...
That's a pretty decent rule. I have never used anything as good as this, but I usually let my guys go into the FA pool just to pretend they are getting fair value from me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0

That sucks you have 3 linemen contracts expire at the same time!! Pretty good rated ones as on top of that.

If it was me I would just try to resign 1 OL and the CB. I would just pick the youngest OL with the most potential and re sign that guy first. Then if you find your cap space is going to be tight you can just let everybody esle walk.

I've found it seems pretty easy to pick up pretty good CB's in the drafts (imported or Madden classes) over the Madden years. Plus it would be more challenging for you to only resign 1 guy.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanUP2
That sucks you have 3 linemen contracts expire at the same time!! Pretty good rated ones as on top of that.

If it was me I would just try to resign 1 OL and the CB. I would just pick the youngest OL with the most potential and re sign that guy first. Then if you find your cap space is going to be tight you can just let everybody esle walk.

I've found it seems pretty easy to pick up pretty good CB's in the drafts (imported or Madden classes) over the Madden years. Plus it would be more challenging for you to only resign 1 guy.
what he said..
Old 01-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

unless their young guys (25 OR YOURGER) i would dump all 4

my rule is if they want more money then im offering i cut them unless dere a young starter or will be in 1-2 yrs BECAUSE THERES WAY TO MUCH YOUNG TALENT IN THE DRAFT N FA.....PLUS IT KEEPS THE CHISE CHALLENGING WHEN THEY LAND ON OTHER TEAMS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »