Home

The Two things im still waiting for

This is a discussion on The Two things im still waiting for within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Two things im still waiting for

The two things im waiting for are a real dive over the pile like actually being able to dive over it and maybe a tackle to be able to stop it
the other thing im waiting for is a leap man being able to leap a man like Priest Holmes did against the Jets they ned to put that into 2005

if you like these suggestions email them to easports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2003, 03:02 PM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Two things im still waiting for

I like the dive over pile and the tackle to stop it, because that does happen in the NFL probably a dozen times a week. But the leap I'm not too sure about. How often does someone actually leap over another person? I only remember seeing it twice- one was Priest Holmes and the other was Randy Moss jumping over someone who was on their knees.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:17 PM   #3
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

NFL Gameday 97 had this.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:17 PM   #4
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

bgeno said:
I like the dive over pile and the tackle to stop it, because that does happen in the NFL probably a dozen times a week. But the leap I'm not too sure about. How often does someone actually leap over another person? I only remember seeing it twice- one was Priest Holmes and the other was Randy Moss jumping over someone who was on their knees.

Agreed, jumping completely over a person is too rare to put in the game, it would be too hard to make it happen only once a season in a videogame. As for the dive over the pile, I think the problem here is the defensive player stopping the dive. The dive over the pile has been in previous games(haven't seen it yet in 2004) but it was unstoppable if timed right, the only way you wouldn't make it is if you jumped too early or at an angle so you just didn't make it all the way to the endzone. They have to figure out how to put a move in to attempt to stop it, but it would be hard to implement.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

Why can't it just be defensive AI. Freaking Tecmo Super Bowl had this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2003, 09:02 PM   #6
Rookie

for the dive over a pile they just need them to dive higher and a little differently
and for the jump over the guys they just need to give it to a select few
Old 08-16-2003, 11:15 PM   #7
Rookie

The 2k series has had these animations since 2k2. Not only the dive over the pile but if the linebacker meets the running back at the right time there is a tackle animation that happens when they meet in the air. Sorry you guys are missing out on this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »