Home

cant use star player, eventhough i already put them on the first rank in depth chart.

This is a discussion on cant use star player, eventhough i already put them on the first rank in depth chart. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
cant use star player, eventhough i already put them on the first rank in depth chart.

i am new to this board and i think someone got the same problem as i did.
can anybody help me solve this problem?
the problem is as i said in the title... i cannot use my top rank player on the depth chart... i cannot even see them on the pitch... it always occured after the first season for several teams that i took control...
for example, i played Ravens. Ray Lewis (top LB) and Ed Reed (top S) were missing in the pitch as i played. i dont even know why...
i dont know what is the problem... and this led me to trade them away to solve the problem since i cannot play them...

does anybody here know what happen, please help...

thank you anyway for your response...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: cant use star player, eventhough i already put them on the first rank in depth ch

I used to have this problem years ago though not as bad. IN old gen madden 08 I found that the Eagles, Westbrook would never start even though I had him #1 on the depth chart. NO matter where I moved him he would not start. I forgot how I fixed it. I think I removed everyone else from the depth chart and subbed manually.

Haven't had this happen on 11. Try to release and resign him......if it works consider it a 'hold out" and you had to renegotiate his contract. Or just do that...renegotiate and see if that helps.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: cant use star player, eventhough i already put them on the first rank in depth ch

i dont know if this is youre problem but maybe somehow they got injured or something before in pre season or were already injured. I dont know though. It happens to me sometimes too. Check the medical thing under coach settings while in game. It could help
Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

no holdout problem since it is madden 11...
no injury problem for sure because i have checked already...

i dont know why...
as i said it happened to me more than once in the different save games...
is that the bug in madden 11 ??
why no one got the same problem as i got ??
Old 02-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

This always happens to me and is my latest big annoyance.

I have a highly rated runningback but every single match this what happens.

I'll run with him 2-3 times in a row and then he wont re appear until the next quarter.

Next quarter I'll do the same, run with him 2-3 times in a row and he disappears until the next quarter.

Very frustrating!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

his stamina is probably low
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailtodemskins
his stamina is probably low
Well that's a very poor stamina system if that's the case.

It's like saying Adrian Peterson has 3 runs in a row and they pull him until the next quarter to get him recovered.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

In my Bills chise, I had to trade away Spiller,Jackson, & Byrd because they were actually holding out in year 2.

Whats weird is that they will show up on the side line during cut scenes but will not play.
I had each of them @ the #1 spot(#2 for Jackson)
I noticed in my "transactions" that they demanded a trade after that game.

I drafted a RB, but not another FS that draft.
I guess they just got sick of losing.
In my 3rd year the bills look to make the playoffs/wildcard.
I made sure to trade them to crappy team so they will keep losing, or to try to help those teams "improve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »