Home

Accelerated clock and a good amount of time

This is a discussion on Accelerated clock and a good amount of time within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Accelerated clock and a good amount of time

My next game is against the Saints (I'm playing as the Falcons), and my plan is to use a running game to try and run down the clock as much as possible. That will hopefully give their powerful offense less time and keep things close.

Since I'm doing that, I'm thinking of turning accelerated clock on, to speed things up and keep me from sitting in the formation for a long time while I wait out the play clock. But it also works both ways, and I may need the time to mount a comeback. what do you think?

On a related note, what would be a good time to have the quarter clock at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Accelerated clock and a good amount of time

Known bug... no matter when you call your play, it will still run anywhere between 10 and 25 seconds off, almost at random. It's broken and has been the last two years.

Now, I prefer 12min quarters with slow game speed, and yes game speed matters. With 12 min quarters you get just under the league average amount of players per game which is around 120. I average 107 or so [lots of games at exactly 107 for some reason.] 13min quarters will take you over the 120 palyer per game [adding 4min to the game for only 13 plays? eh...] Also, I get reasonable score with 12. the extra 4minutes feels like it could yield those extra silly scores over the long run. My last two games were 40-30 win over the Saints when Brees threw a game losing pick 6 in a 33-30 game in the final minute and a 17-20 OT loss to the Chiefs where it was 7-3 at the half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »