Home

Empty seats at superbowl? And Pump-up/Quiet Crowd feature?

This is a discussion on Empty seats at superbowl? And Pump-up/Quiet Crowd feature? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Empty seats at superbowl? And Pump-up/Quiet Crowd feature?

I have 2 questions about the crowd in Madden 11.

1st-Why in the world are there so many empty seats? During my Patriots franchise there are consistently empty seats, no matter where I am playing or who I am playing. Furthermore; I went to the superbowl in year 2 of my franchise against the Packers. (2 teams with a huge following of football loving fans). But yet there were TONS of empty seats?? What exactly affects attendence in Madden 11?

2nd-Does pumping up the crowd actually have any effect in-game? Like causing the other team to be unable to call audibles? Messing up snap counts or somthing? I found an old thread on this from Madden '09
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ting-down.html
But Im not sure about Madden 11?

Anyone have any input on these 2 things? The empty seats look so silly at a superbowl...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Empty seats at superbowl? And Pump-up/Quiet Crowd feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
...Does pumping up the crowd actually have any effect in-game? Like causing the other team to be unable to call audibles? Messing up snap counts or somthing? ...
No. I think pumping up the crowd noise makes the (CPU) offense more likely to not execute its play very successfully (just anecdotal observations on my part), but for whatever reason, I do not think it has the effects that you've mentioned.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I saw fans leaving playoff games during the 4th quarter in a 7 point game. Fans don't leave playoff games early. The stands remain full to capacity.

It's not a major thing, but hopefully something the dev team can look at for Madden 12.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Laaaame-o.

So I guess pumping up the only 50% full stadium in the next Superbowl wont actually help.

Oh well, less button pushing will mean my 360's controllers will last longer and I can jam more Doritio's in my mouth between plays.

(The Dorito's themselves are also 3D; which is nice.)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36

I noticed a few things as far as crowd, but it's mainly audio related. In the lower market stadiums where there is less capacity, the audio is like the M11 demo. The crowd is NEVER silent at a football game. There's always SOME noise, you know? It gets DEAD in Jacksonville, only to have the fans scream their heads off at kickoff, then dead before 1st down...but loud after the snap..It's just a matter of little inconsistencies that could be easily fixed, IMO. I also noticed I played a game in heavy snow @ Heinz Field, and literally 50% of the crowd was empty seats all game. Pittsburgh has some of the most dedicated fans in the country as far as weather conditions affecting attendance go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I noticed a few things as far as crowd, but it's mainly audio related. In the lower market stadiums where there is less capacity, the audio is like the M11 demo. The crowd is NEVER silent at a football game. There's always SOME noise, you know? It gets DEAD in Jacksonville, only to have the fans scream their heads off at kickoff, then dead before 1st down...but loud after the snap..It's just a matter of little inconsistencies that could be easily fixed, IMO. I also noticed I played a game in heavy snow @ Heinz Field, and literally 50% of the crowd was empty seats all game. Pittsburgh has some of the most dedicated fans in the country as far as weather conditions affecting attendance go.
Yeah, before I went to the Superbowl against the Packers (apparently I was one of the few) I played a snow-bowl game against the Colts in Gillette stadium....TONS of empty seats. Which would neeeeeever happen. People kill for those tickets.

But the naught attended superbowls is whats really lame. I mean common...its the Superbowl. Madden should just be programmed for playoff game to equal sell-outs.

Also; side question. Do you get extra revenue for making the playoffs? From the extra ticket sales and stuff?
Old 12-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Been noticing this too. Especially if it rains. My stadiums are almost empty, regardless of how good the team is.

A late season Steelers-Ravens game in the snow with the division on the line and hardly any fans......
Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

Along these lines I'd like to see an improvement in crowd chanting. When you hear "Here We Go Steelers" in real life it's at least 3/4ths of Heinz Field. Not a dozen guys and a german shepherd in a recording booth as it currently sounds in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »