Home

Madden's Current Gen Has Not Been a Success

This is a discussion on Madden's Current Gen Has Not Been a Success within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #25
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11
this has to the biggest failure of a franchise. Still unbelievable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden's Current Gen Has Not Been a Success

The one thing I noticed current gen for most games made for both Xbox/PS3 is the Xbox's graphics is superior to PS3, besides Sony exclusive games. PS3 and Xbox should be equal when it comes to graphics.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

i remember when i never had to worry if madden was gonna be amazing and even after the next gen 06 game i gave them the benifit of the doubt cause they rushed it after 07 i was aggravated and 08 i lost hope..then finally in 09 it started improving and has slowly since but its just mind boggling that we're here now 5 maddens deep on next gen and nowhere near where we were 5 or even 4 maddens deep on the old ps2/xbox as far as gameplay or fanchise esp. idk if i will ever has as much fun playing madden as i did back in 05

i hope 2k returns asap cause i for one enjoyed both game i was always more of a madden guy but they each offered something different to me and the competition brought out the best in both
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

funniest thing now looking back on it i remember seeing that commercial and thinking theres no way madden can be like this..and i remember an ea rep answering a qa about it..it may be on ign not sure they asked him did he think they may have set the bar to high for the next gen systems and he responded by saying he thinks we may have set it to low...crazy that ps2 madden 2005 or 04 are still much deeper in just about every aspect

fact is the madden and 2k hardcore fans are probly the most punished gamers in the world because we lost both of our games after 05

Last edited by cowboysfan440; 02-08-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
funniest thing now looking back on it i remember seeing that commercial and thinking theres no way madden can be like this..and i remember an ea rep answering a qa about it..it may be on ign not sure they asked him did he think they may have set the bar to high for the next gen systems and he responded by saying he thinks we may have set it to low...crazy that ps2 madden 2005 or 04 are still much deeper in just about every aspect

fact is the madden and 2k hardcore fans are probly the most punished gamers in the world because we lost both of our games after 05
I only beg to differ because IMO 05 was the START of greatness on PS2. It continued through the next two iterations and improved even more.

Now if you're talking next gen, I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #30
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Well I respect your opinion, but let me run this by you.

If Madden NFL calls itself a "simulation", it needs to be real. Off the record, I don't even begin to think for a second Madden plays like a true NFL game, whether it be in gameplay, franchise, online, superstar, anywhere. I rarely see a complaint that it is too real. This is where the exclusive license may have hurt Madden more than anyone realizes. Now instead of deciding to make a sim or arcade version of the game, they have to combine everyone into one $60 disc. This is near impossible, as the two sides want what they want and that's that. So you either make the people who just want to have fun mad, or the people who want total realism and authenticity mad. They've done a pretty good job including the basics of both concepts, but where my issue lies is:

-We are in year 3 of this dev team. I don't like hearing about "visions" anymore. Show me the money, so to say. Not even for M12, just in general. Andy Reid had a 5 year plan in 1999 that would win the Super Bowl for Philadelphia. He got to the game in 04, but he's still here in 2011 (year 12, going on 13 if there is football next season)

-With 2011's technologies, a development team with the prior 2 games of the same core, should be (IMO) FAR past the "basic concepts" of ANYTHING. That's why you have a year one, which leads me to my final point.

-Madden needs to find their identity BADLY. Whether they want to be arcade, sim, or a weird mixture of the two, take a sharp right turn in that direction and make it known worldwide that MADDEN NFL IS A ____ FOOTBALL GAME! Even though it would alienate fans of the other option, you could no longer fault EA for not looking in a certain direction if they came out and say it.

As of right now, Madden NFL says they want to be the best simulation sports game out there. I say, prove it. Show the world you can take Madden back to the top.
I fully agree with you man.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #31
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm not going to join in on the bashing -- enough of that goes on in this forum as it already is. But I certainly agree that Madden lacks true innovation. Sure, they gave us Gameflow. But it's not a game changer IMO -- it just adds convenience and perhaps another level of strategy.

The presentation doesn't blow you away. I feel as though the gameplay is solid (my opinion), but what's innovative about it? They've provided Pro-Tak, locomotion, and numerous other improvements. But that's just what they are: improvments.

Maybe I'm just waiting for them to take a risk? Granted, they've had a lot to address the last couple years so re-inventing the wheel certainly hasn't been a priority. I'd just like to see them add some spice to the passing game, or add something creative to the defense that we haven't seen. Something!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 25
Simple comment. I have given up of madden after 20yrs. It brings NOTHING to the table worth my interest anymore...SADLY.

THE SHOW is pretty much the only sports game i feel gives me a SIM game and a rather differant experience every time i play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »