Home

Maden still can't get editing right...

This is a discussion on Maden still can't get editing right... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2003, 06:15 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Maden still can\'t get editing right...

If they take time on the classic teams, it could be a beautiful thing.76 steelers (best defense ever) vs the current falcons to see if vick could run on that defense.
They need an extra rating category for the classic teams in
order to really replicate the era's of the past. similar
to baseball era's.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:09 AM   #10
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

EA wasn't even going to give us the option of editing classic teams this year, until VC came out and said you would be able to edit classic teams in ESPN; theirfor, EA tossed it in at the last second. Smart move IMO.

Old 08-18-2003, 09:24 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
It takes ALL of the fun out of it, IMO. Sure wish someone would get this right.

Someone did get it right... ESPN. They said in an interview that if you wanted to make Brett Favre wear #44 you could do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2003, 03:08 PM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
It takes ALL of the fun out of it, IMO. Sure wish someone would get this right.

Someone did get it right... ESPN. They said in an interview that if you wanted to make Brett Favre wear #44 you could do that.

Guys, I really think you can do this sort of thing in Madden as well. The 78 Oilers had a player named Guido Merkens who played QB,WR and DB. In Madden he's listed as a WR, but the game let me assign him his correct number(#12). I've done 12 teams so far, and only once have I been unable to assign a player his correct #(78 Oilers WR Kenny Burrough who wore #00).

I haven't actually tried the 62 Packers, maybe there is something different there. Or maybe the number restictions are different on the xbox?(I have the ps2 version).
Old 08-18-2003, 03:38 PM   #13
Rookie

simpsman2244's Arena

OVR: 3

i dont have the '66 packers unlocked, but i could change his number to 66 on the '67 rosters
Old 08-18-2003, 11:48 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Cardot said:
Quote:

GeePee20 said:
Quote:

Cardot said:
I think the historical teams are just an after thought for EA. I like the idea, they just need to take it farther. In addition to the number issue, here are some problems I had in the 2003 when I tried to replay the 58 Colts/Giants game.

1. The game was in the RCA Dome.
2. The ShotGun was an available formation
3. 2 Point Conversions were in the game.
4. TouchDown dances that I don't think existed back in the 50's.

I guess the "If its NOT in the game, it's Not in the game" does not apply.

They're not gonna remake the entire game for those using classic teams.

Agreed, but 3 of the things I mentioned should not to too difficult to implement:
1. Classic stadiums. This would be the most involved effort, but I think most people would rather have them than the Sugar Buzz stadium and the NFL Europe stadiums.
2. Teams from the pre-shotgun era should not have a shotgun formation in their playbook.
3. Add an option to turn off 2pt conversion.
4. Players in today's games have zillions of attribute categories. One should be personality that dictates celebrations. It is silly to see a player like Drew Bledsoe, Rich Gannon or a player from the 1950's doing a break dance after a touch down.

That's true...... they, along with other EA games like NBA Live, could stand to put a few more attributes in the games..... like body balance, emotion, showmanship (more so for the NBA than NFL), SPECIAL TEAMS AWARENESS (so you can give players like Chris Akins and Larry Izzo proper credit on special teams instead of having their 50ish awareness show them up as pathetic players, even on special teams, which is far from true), QB Poise, and clutch ratings for the NFL. That's not too much to ask, and even though it's not as much as the other games have, it would be at least a step up from the otherwise basic rating system EA now implements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »