Home

madden needs the cpu owners n a frachise to make and propose trades

This is a discussion on madden needs the cpu owners n a frachise to make and propose trades within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: madden needs the cpu owners n a frachise to make and propose trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
Totally diggin' this idea Davey. If they even put a tiny bit of what you said into this game, i'll buy it. On a seperate note...what are some of the house rules you enforce into your Madden Franchise? I havent touched Franchise for almost 3 months until a week ago. I'm 5-1 and losing interest again.
PM sent. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #10
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

How Deep MLB The Show is getting with there Franchise mode and EA's NFL Head Coach 09 raised the bar.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
MVP

I know this may not be what you're looking for, but in a way the cpu owners in franchise do this already. Trade block - it lists the guys the cpu is willing to trade and what they want for them. Not exactly the same as what you want (and it would be nice for the cpu to trade with itself) but at least I feel I know what he's willing to do in a trade. for what it's worth, NFL trades that involve name players almost always go for draft choices. I don't ever remember seeing a trade like "Demarcus Ware for Dwight Freeney" type stuff and if the cpu did do stuff like that it would not be realistic.
But I could see programming where a disgruntled star (ala Randy Moss) could be traded by the cpu from one team to another for a draft choice.
Funny but I'm sure there would be tons of complaints. Imagine if the cpu had the Vikings trade a 3rd round pick for Randy Moss, only to release him 2-3 weeks later....I mean come on, what idiot team what ever do that.....I mean...well....ur...oh that did happen, didn't it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj14
i like in nba 2k franchise the cpu sometimes trades with other cpu teams and proposes trades for decent players the user shuodnt b the only team in the offline franchise trading players

Not just propose trades but also weight their position and players into its logic, instead of starting a 72 overall QB two or three seasons in a row go after a better QB or when one is offered that fits that teams needs they are willing to give more at a certain position their stronger at to accomplish that trade.

For instance the vikings trade for troy smith and hes the starting QB for the next three seasons, knowing hes not progressing or going to be thier franchise QB they should be more aggressive in filling that position via trades,draft, or free agency.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #13
Pro

thbends's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ

D) Assorted leaguewide messages sent from NFL's commissioner, a coach, a coach on a different team, a player (complaining about playing time, or thanking us for signing them, etc)...so many different ideas.
Like say..... "Goodell sends a message out saying... we might have a seating problem at the Super Bowl but don't tell anyone. We might be able to find a way around this and keep the fan's money."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »