Home

QB ratings: Specifically accuracy: How do you read this?

This is a discussion on QB ratings: Specifically accuracy: How do you read this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: QB ratings: Specifically accuracy: How do you read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
That's a reasonable explanation, but why aren't the rating values more in-line with one another? They shouldn't be varied as much as the examples in this thread.
Exactly. Dude's an all star if you sim, a dud if you play? I've also seen QB's with high SAC, DAC ratings, and horrible MAC rating. How would that really happen?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Well I looked at the ratings online for QBs like Manning, Brees, and Brady... their THA is close to their range accuracy. It seems only the created players have this difference.

I know AWR only effects QBs in simulations as well. Of course I also heard AWR does not effect any player except QBs in simmed games. That seems crazy when you think about how much AWR effects an overall rating.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Exactly. Dude's an all star if you sim, a dud if you play? I've also seen QB's with high SAC, DAC ratings, and horrible MAC rating. How would that really happen?
The same goes for run and pass blocking ratings (sim) versus run and pass strength and footwork (gameplay). But then again I do no grasp the numerical ratings system in the first place
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
Well I looked at the ratings online for QBs like Manning, Brees, and Brady... their THA is close to their range accuracy. It seems only the created players have this difference.

I know AWR only effects QBs in simulations as well. Of course I also heard AWR does not effect any player except QBs in simmed games. That seems crazy when you think about how much AWR effects an overall rating.

AWR definitely affects QBs in played games.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

awareness effects all players in played games (except human controlled players)
Old 02-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have been searching for an explanation on this issue for at least the last hour, and this is the most definitive answer I have found.

Now, I am not doubting the credibility of those who have offered their explanations -- I'm certain you are far more knowledgeable than I am -- but has this explanation been "officially" confirmed anywhere? It seems shocking to me that the developers of such a popular game (with an accordingly loyal following) would neglect to answer such an important question.

If anyone could be of assistance, I would love to know two things:
  • 1) What is the source of this explanation; i.e., to those who have stated that the general throw accuracy rating has no impact on the game and was mistakenly (or needlessly) left in, how did you learn this?
  • 2) Some clarification: Is the general throw accuracy rating completely arbitrary, or only when you're playing an actual game? Like one of the previous posters, I also play using the (off-line) franchise mode, and I want a quarterback whose ability when simming is the same as when I am controlling him in a game -- or at least close to it. For example, there are prospects with 66 THA, but 82-92 in TAS, TAM and TAD.
Thank you in advance for any information or sources you can provide. This site has already proven to be a tremendous resource.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #15
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
awareness effects all players in played games (except human controlled players)
Sorry man it doesn't. One of the NCAA Developers let it slip in like August or September that it's really just a QB rating for ingame. Helps the QB know who to throw to. It does not effect anyone else on the playing field. It also has something to do with the sim engine.

I'm guessing the AWR effects the AI of the sim engine on who should have more stats when the game is simmed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

From what I know, this is only with created players and imported rookies. I THINK it's because NCAA doesn't have SAC MAC and DAC ratings, so it adjusts the THA rating from what it was in NCAA but has to generate random SAC MAC and DAC ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »