Home

Customization is King....What Would You Like to Customize?

This is a discussion on Customization is King....What Would You Like to Customize? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Customization is King....What Would You Like to Customize?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Nice list, OP...

I'd also like to be able to customize the Coach Philosophy sliders for played games and simmed games (that influence sim stats) to a greater degree than currently possible...

The sliders move in increments of 10...I'd like to see increments of 5, a the very least...

I'd also like the team to focus on these sliders to assure that they work exactly "as advertised"...esp. the HB1 / HB2 slider...

I'd also like to be able to "customize" more of the ST play...separate sliders for Hum and CPU including sliders that influence the success of the return game...

Perhaps separate ST blocking sliders and a "big play" frequency, so that you actually have some "fear" that a big time returner will break the game open with a "big play" return...
Please fix this. There is soo many teams using a 2 back system now. So this needs to work for real. The number 1 back always ends up with most of the carries during the game or through out the season..
Old 02-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

It always seems like, to balance out the game, you need to use a slider set. However, you cannot use slider sets in unranked online games. The reason I find this an issue, is that I've played Madden with friends over the years who have moved away. I thought online Madden would still be a way for us to connect but it is only sub par because of the online limitations. It shouldn't matter to anyone what I and my friends do in an unranked game, so I don't see why the option isn't available.

I also would like the sliders to be more descriptive. Versuz2 has shown how changing a slider for one thing, can effect other aspects of the game. Testing his sliders out myself, I can confirm this to be true.

The other thing with slider sets, is that I would like to adjust the affect of all individual ratings, like you can the speed rating. Some ratings seem to not mean enough in the game.

Last edited by lordnate; 02-12-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

The ability to plug in stats for created players (Assuming you create a non-rookie player) would really be helpful.

A thing I don't like with the current rosters, just for franchise purposes, is that they don't have a lot of players who were in the game on the default roster; Laveranues Coles, Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Muhsin Muhammad, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, David Tyree.

Sure, you can recreate them, but you can't plug in stats for em and add to their career totals.

The feature would have to be within reason though; no giving players impossible stats, like 100 TD's rushing/recieving in a year or 3000 yards rushing/recieving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

I've been begging for this since next gen arrived...FREAKING CAMERA ANGLES
Old 02-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would love a create-a-play feature, I can remember making so many different plays and playbooks on the ol' Gamecube.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

build upon the edit player feature, but allow us to edit the following:

-player height/weight
-player bulk (i.e. NCAA series)
-hair (short/medium/long hair, facial hair, dreads, hair color, etc.) - They need to have an option for more white guys to have long hair - Swain for Packers, most linemen have long shaggy hair, etc.
-skin tones and either ripped, plain or overweight body types
-add more equipment options to be edited too (knee braces 3/4 length sleeves, ankle braces, taped elbows, ankles, etc.)

Overall, I am into the depth of making the players looking a lot more realistic and have them more editable. I believe with the other things EA is working on this year to bring more customization, this is the only thing I need to put it over the top.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Nice additions.

I almost forgot, QB Scramble Slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

They definitely need to let us alter players physical attributes. I mean, why the hell was this ever taken out? Its our game, let us freaking customize that all we want. I can understand for online games, but most people like to create custom rosters, and that should be our choice. Completely ridiculous this is even an issue.

And on top of that, add more customization options. Why cant we add tattoos, bandannas, custom facepaint, different haristyles, etc??? Seems like flat out laziness.

Edit players in franchise mode is only big to me because EA's progression/ratings system is pretty awful.

EDIT/CREATE COACHES!!!!! Why cant we do this? Give us the option to create a new coach from scratch in franchise mode that teams can hire. I wanna create Bill Cowher in the game ...I should be able to. And let us edit existing ones. I am so sick of seeing NE coach in place of Belichick.

I would also like to edit settings for other CPU teams in franchise mode. NO, not to cheat, but an example...when you start a franchise, several of the teams defensive settings are wrong, such as, they have the 49ers running the 4-3 when they in fact run the 3-4. This is a big reason you see alot of 300 pound 3-4 DEs getting 10+ sacks, because they are playing in a 4-3 DE in the game and end up with those high sacks. The very fact they are even able to get those sacks from the wrong position is a testament to how unrealistic this game is, but thats a whole other topic.

Another reason Id like to do that is so I can TRY to negate horrible offseason moves made by CPU teams. If EA put some actual effort into offseason logic, this probably wouldnt be a huge deal. For example, how realistic is it for the Colts and Pats to let Peyton Manning and Tom Brady walk in the same year...then have their Bears who already have Jay Cutler, sign Peyton Manning, have the Colts sign Tom Brady, and have the Pats draft a QB in the first round?

Get real. Even talking about this gets me angry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »