Home

On-Field Sounds; Let's Get Back to Pads Popping

This is a discussion on On-Field Sounds; Let's Get Back to Pads Popping within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: On-Field Sounds; Let's Get Back to Pads Popping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Speaking of on field sounds, what happened to the smack talk from Madden 08 I wonder?

I turned down everything but on field sounds the other day and I could actually hear it very faintly. So its there, but for some odd reason they turned the volume ALL the way down
Madden 200 had the best smack talk... My favorite was after an INT someone would say, "QB must think we on his team"

Later
Old 02-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #18
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree 100% with OP, they need to incorporate realism in the sounds of the game as well as in the game play.

When NBA live 10 used authentic sounds from real NBA Arena's it really made the game pop, during clutch moment's I would actually get chills from the atmosphere (that's before surround sound).

Hopefully Madden incorporates something similar into they're game because it really does make a gigantic difference.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I definitely would like more authentic on the field sounds.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #20
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I'll begin with the requisite "Madden has a lot more issues than just" sound, in this case, just for consistency lol. Then I will go on to say that I wholeheartedly agree that this is something that needs to be addressed, and would help to bring you into the game.

Sound overall needs help. Like others have said, crowd noise, sounds of hits, player chatter, commentary, no sound during replays, no commentary during highlights for the halftime show, even when they DID have a halftime show (such as it was), are all things that need major work.

I think I glanced at a thread that said that a new sound guy came on board? If so, I hope he has the vision, and the authority, to make all the changes that need to be made, because it's long overdue.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #21
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

PLEEEEAAAAASE start by bringing back the QB's REAL voices. That was such an AWESOME thread of realism and I know I've made this point a lot on here, but I can't stress how cool I thought it was! Look:

Brett Favre with Authentic voice:

Brett Favre without authentic voice:

Peyton Manning with Authentic voice:

Peyton Manning without authentic voice:

It's taken away so much authenticity when the real snap cadences are taken away and replaced with either a generic voice, or in some cases in these videos with nothing at all. Shocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

A little off topic, but you can really notice the improvement in Madden reference those horrible 09 running animations and the run animations they have now.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 17

Im glad someone else really noticed that Madden is truly desperate for improvements in the sound department. And I am in 100% agreement. I believe they need to completely trash what they have now in their library and re record real football sound fx audio for madden 12.

To add on to what the creator posted, I think there are 3 major problems:

1- is that the sound fx are not only over the top but also innaccurate. Real shoulder pads and bodies colliding dont sound like they do in real life as they do in Madden. This is an area that certainly needs more attention to detail. Sometimes less is more. Dont always go for the big boom or crash sounds to make your game sound intense, rather, go for more authenticity and people will appreciate it more.

2- is that there are many grunts and subtle sound effects missing as well that give the game a shallow and one dimensional sound. Sprinkle some more of the ambient sound fx on the field into the audio. Bring the entire EA Sound editing team into a Project Meeting and just have them listen to real football audio at field level without the distraction of video and focus on what's missing from the video game version.

3- This has always been a big pet peave of mine for years. Appropriate Contact Audio that matches the action on the field. The tackling sound fx are so limited and over repeated that we have to hear the same sound effects when a player gets tripped up by the ankles as we do when they get cold clocked up high in the pads. Its not location specific and it feels cheap. The designers need to be more sensitive to the intensity and impact of the hits and properly match the correct audio fx to make the game feel more immersive.

I also like what the originator mentioned to. Alot of the little audio effects such as a ball hitting a recievers hands, or even subtle footsteps on a soft turf, ....perhaps more field level sound effects, without being over exaggerated would add more of a visceral feel to playing the game.

Please make this a priority along with working on more of a physics based game for version 12!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

Love this post.
I would also like to see crowd's reaction to big hits. I would LOVE to hear some "Oooooh"'s on a big hit or "Awwwww"'s when a deep pass is dropped. Crowd reaction is a huge element in the game for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »