Home

The Vick Factor put it over the Top

This is a discussion on The Vick Factor put it over the Top within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2003, 12:41 AM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
The Vick Factor put it over the Top

Alot of folks are bashing Madden but I have to honestly say that Gameplay wise this game is getting better and better. HAving not played ESPN yet but playing alot pf NCAA I will go out on a limb and say this game is the best football game I have played. I do like NCAA better but I am a college Fan so I am biased in that regard.

But what what really made me realize that Madden is better than alot of people think is the little things that has made this more realistic.

Playmaker on Offense and Defense is one of the better features on a football game in a long time. Playing against CPU or a good Human player there is alot of chess matches going on every play.

The Multiple looks per formations is awesome. Combine that with the Player Subs at the play call screen you can honestly throw a different look at a offense or defense the whole game.

Also they made things from last year better like coverage adjustments. the DBs and LBS move to cover players MAn much better than last year.

But the thing that impressed me the most about this game was my game against Vick. For years i have heard my fellow football gamers complain about a decent scrambling QB by CPU. Now I know people complained about Vick having a 95 human online play especially but nobofy thought at least I did that the CPU would take advantge of it. But after my game with the Ravens versus the Falcolns Vick will kill you if you don't Spy him and then he might even break it then. I actually had to game plan the running QB for the first time on a game. If I blitzed and missed him he burned me on it. If I played man and left the field open he attacked and it wasn't like he was forced to run he did as a weapon. He had 80 rushing and 158 passing 2 TDs rushing and 2 Passing

I played 12 min quarters on All Pro default sliders and had one of the most realistic games against the CPU I ever had. Madden to me feels like a new game from last year. This game is great and I hope ESPN is just as good so I can have two quality games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »