Home

what's this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout.............

This is a discussion on what's this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout............. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2003, 02:06 PM   #1
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
what\'s this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout.............

is it in the game? and if so can you shut it off, the only problem i see so far is speed and the crowd is pretty quiet in the game even though the sliders are all the way up, please let me know about this comeback ai thing, i'd love to hear the responses thanks......sjj2xs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: what\'s this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout.............

It's pretty much what it sounds like....the CPU completes insane passes, they play tighter D, they score easier, they come back easier.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

it's when you lead throughout a game and say, have a pretty comfortable lead and suddenly, the opposing team EXPLODES and scores numerous TDs to win

i understand if it happens once or twice, but this has been going on in every game i've played
Old 08-18-2003, 02:17 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

When you or the cpu is leading by a wide margin late in the game. The infamous EA comeback logic kicks in. You or the cpu will get all the breaks allowing you to come back from a deficit.

Some ppl say its a myth, others know its real. I myself witness it from time to time. More like every other game. Its a complete nuisance thats haunted Madden from the beggining and although not as strong as previous versions. Its still there. And no you cannot turn it off.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

This comeback thing is enough to make me play only ncaa 2004!
I finished the 1st year of my franchise with the cowboys and I lost 5 games on the last or close to the last play of the game. I know the game just came out but this is unreal as hell! Almost everyone of my games are the same either i get a big lead early or the cpu does and then all of the sudden came the 4th quarter the team ahead cant do a damn thing, and the team behind cant do nothing wrong!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2003, 02:38 PM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

You know what I just might try. I might try to max out the awarness of the winning team in the 4th to try to make the game more realistic. Cause it always starts with a few broken tackles for a easy first down and ends with a big play. That for the user. The cpu just goes bezerk on offense when trailing. 72 rated QBs play like Brett Farve all of sudden. Once you get close to stopping them, a holding or facemask call comes out the blue. And on cpu defense, their DBs have cat like reflexes and stop or swat everything in the air. Thier D-Line can penetrate titanium steel, and thier LBs can chase down a cheeta.

I'm considering ethier raising the awareness or lowering it depending on whos tryna make the comeback. If I'm tryna make the comeback, I'll just lower the cpu awarness a few notches. If the cpu is tryna make the comeback, I'm gonna max out my awarness and see if he can hit every target like they do.

Dammit, then it will feel like I'm cheating. Oh yeaa, give the cpu a taste of its own medicine.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:40 PM   #7
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

well, i guess i've witnessed it myself, i was leading the patroits by 24 going in to the 4th quarter, and all of the sudden it's tied with 4mins to play, they scored on plays that should have been shut down, ex: brady throws a screen to left to patten (he had no blocking, for patten mind you ) i'm paying a dime defense double out with the linebacker playing back, patten breaks numerous tackles (believe that patten is like 5'9 180 tops) heads towards midfield breaks 2 more takles like earl campbell or something and is GONE for the score, and when i mean gone it's like he had a corvette at the 50 yd line waiting for him and he drove it to the endzone, nobody near him i know the jets arent tampa bay but they are not high school football either, that play should have been stopped at the very worst a 5-10 yd gain, not and 80 yard jaunt
Old 08-18-2003, 02:44 PM   #8
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:

sjj2xs said:
well, i guess i've witnessed it myself, i was leading the patroits by 24 going in to the 4th quarter, and all of the sudden it's tied with 4mins to play, they scored on plays that should have been shut down, ex: brady throws a screen to left to patten (he had no blocking, for patten mind you ) i'm paying a dime defense double out with the linebacker playing back, patten breaks numerous tackles (believe that patten is like 5'9 180 tops) heads towards midfield breaks 2 more takles like earl campbell or something and is GONE for the score, and when i mean gone it's like he had a corvette at the 50 yd line waiting for him and he drove it to the endzone, nobody near him i know the jets arent tampa bay but they are not high school football either, that play should have been stopped at the very worst a 5-10 yd gain, not and 80 yard jaunt

Holy ****, you've just experienced the comeback AI.

Down by 24 and they tied it with all offense coming in one quater. It never ceases to amaze me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »