Home

Madden 11 ps2

This is a discussion on Madden 11 ps2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden 11 ps2

Better than next gen versions? Also, consecutive hit tackle at 0:22
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 11 ps2

All I see is a black rectangle, do you have a link to youtube, or whatever site it's on?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I was a big fan of Madden 2005, I've since moved to next-gen and the improved graphic but the are a little behind on gameplay. I a big coach mode player because I am older close to 50 and those years of working with my hands left me with a small case of carpal tunnel, my point with the madden next gen compared to the old gen in coach mode they (the developers) will not give us a true coach mode game, if I hit the stick accidently I screw up the play, I like Headcoach 09 that's for the gamers who will suggest that to me and I have that one, but who knows when or if they will release another one. I see alot they could do with the madden franchise to make it even more great.

Expand the rosters to 80 players with your draft choices and free agents
Program to allow your starters to play 1 quarter in the first pre-season game, 2qrts the second, 3 qrts 3rd, player will have use his or her discretion for the 4th pre-season game.
2 cut down days from 80 to 60 following the third game and 60 to 47 after the forth with the last 6 players having to clear waivers before being placed on the practice squad.
This would make preseason worth playing instead of waste of time, because you know who will start base on the players attributes.

Make a true coach mode like ea use to on the ps2 version

Last edited by crob8822; 02-24-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Rookie

PapaOso's Arena

OVR: 4

I have owned a ps3 for a couple of years now and I keep going back to my ps2 for this exact reason. I have far more fun playing the ps2 versions of sports games. I also play coach mode exclusively because I am also an older guy and the coach mode on madden 11 ps2 is fantastic. On ps3 I have watched the CPU complete a pass to his WR and my DB immediately begin running in the opposite direction of the WR before circling back and pursing. That kind of stuff drives us coach mode guys nuts and EA couldn't care less-they had much rather devote all their resources to insuring your online Madden ps3 experience is the greatest around.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

Looks exactly the same as M07,08,09, and 10 on PS2......

....complete with horrid frame rates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 49

Look how much faster last gen was. They really slowed the game down on slow mode. I moved back to normal speed this gen...but the older madden actually looks like fast or fastest on current gen.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Looks exactly the same as M07,08,09, and 10 on PS2......

....complete with horrid frame rates.
That is the sole reason why I don't play M11 on ps2. I can't stand the horrible framerates.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Game speed is faster on ps2, and so is controller response time. On next gen, the response is much slower, especially on the higher speeds.

Tackle animations respect the angles defensive players take and the momentum of the ball carrier more. Also, yes "double hit", "consecutive", "add on" tackles. whatever term you prefer happen on ps2 and are non existant on current gen.

People often talk about improved blocking on current gen, but I honestly think ps2 is almost as good. If you break into the open field on current gen, lead blockers mimic the ball carriers every move which looks horrible.

I don't know about framerates, but overall animations look smoother and more realistic to me on ps2. Really weird animations like the "David Tyree" catch happen rarely while they happen at the strangest times on current gen. There is no contest which game has the better running animation imo.

PA plays result in instant sacks on current gen madden 11, and individual press coverage or shading wrs is impossible. The ps2s preplay adjustment controls were also easier to perform than the new strat pad system.

That's all the gameplay advantages I can think of for ps2 off the top of my head. I could go on forever regarding deeper franchise, superstar, and mini game modes. Tournament modes, historic rosters and fantasy challenge modes that aren't available at on all on current gen. The Ea lockers that took the entire offline franchise mode to the online gamers. Then there is in game saves, playbook and play editors, formation packages that can be set up pre game, the list just goes on and on and on...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »