Home

Will Madden 12 use the same engine from the previous 6 maddens on 360/ps3?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 12 use the same engine from the previous 6 maddens on 360/ps3? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Will Madden 12 use the same engine from the previous 6 maddens on 360/ps3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You must live in a great area for sale prices.

The NCAA Football and Maddens of the world at BB and Wallyworld in this neck of the woods are still selling for $60 bucks.
NCAA and Madden cost $60 if you by them new. I imagine that you can get Madden and NCAA 11 at a much cheaper price if you bought it used now versus buying it used in August or September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
That right there, in bold, is the problem.

When you are lagging behind a competitor in sales, drastic changes to improve quality make sense.

Then you have Madden, which is still selling like hotcakes despite constant complaints from people on forums like these. Good sales, no competition. Therefore, no reason to innovate.

It really is as simple as that, guys. When sales take a significant nosedive, or competition emerges, then and ONLY then will we see significant improvements.
Exactly, and since competition ain't emerging anytime soon, sales taking a nosedive is our only shot at a quality, and innovative, football game. Speak with your wallet people; if you need your NFL football fix, please exercise some patience and purchase the game used. That way, even if you purchase the online pass you'll still only be giving EA $10 instead of $65. If a substantial amount of people do that, EA's sales numbers will feel it.

Save $65 or $55.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 03-08-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #74
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
NCAA and Madden cost $60 if you by them new. I imagine that you can get Madden and NCAA 11 at a much cheaper price if you bought it used now versus buying it used in August or September.
Well, of course, I was going by new games only.

If you are an online player, add another 10 bucks for used games and you are probably pretty close to the original price, give or take some.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #75
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Two years in a row the game has gone on sale for 39.99 just before xmas and about the time the final patches are released.

After madden 10, I purchase used around the end of August and usually end up spending slightly more or the same than if I had bought new. Just a personal choice, I feel better knowing I did not support the exclusive license. It's the only game I buy used all year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 6

Well during the xmas season both 11 games were selling for as low as $40 new. Instead of buying in aug at 60 and an unfinished game,could have bought for 40 in nov w an updated gameplay patch.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Two years in a row the game has gone on sale for 39.99 just before xmas and about the time the final patches are released.

After madden 10, I purchase used around the end of August and usually end up spending slightly more or the same than if I had bought new. Just a personal choice, I feel better knowing I did not support the exclusive license. It's the only game I buy used all year.
Honestly, I might take that route if I even buy the game at all. I don't mind paying a few more bucks as long as the bulk of it isn't going to EA. Honestly, since M12 will require four or five patches, I probably wait until the Christmas rush.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Honestly, I might take that route if I even buy the game at all. I don't mind paying a few more bucks as long as the bulk of it isn't going to EA. Honestly, since M12 will require four or five patches, I probably wait until the Christmas rush.
There won't be as many patches from here on out. They now have tuner sets that update the game in a day or two.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Well during the xmas season both 11 games were selling for as low as $40 new. Instead of buying in aug at 60 and an unfinished game,could have bought for 40 in nov w an updated gameplay patch.
True, but your hedging your bet if you knew there was the last patch in December. It was a surprise to everyone.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adembroski
There is nothing 2k5, 2k8, or any other sports game has ever done that the existing "engine" in Madden can't accomplish.
That's a true statement because EA uses the same mocap system as 2K and they write in the same programming language as do all. But after 7 years of Madden being below those games and others, you'll never convince anyone that Madden do what the other games are doing, and you can't blame gamers for not being convinced. EA has given them every reason in the world not to be. Systems are just systems, potential is just potential, gamers want positive results. We've yet to see it on par with the rest of the sports gaming genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adembroski
We simply have to get around too it. It takes time.
Gamers don't wanna hear that after 7 years. Gamers don't wanna hear that when the entire sports gaming world has surpassed Madden in every phase with NBA 2K and The Show being way past Madden. Your statement is like 5 years past expiration now. Time expired a long time ago. It's just embarrassing now and insulting to our intelligence, regardless of if it's unintentional.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »