Home

Madden Co-op mode?

This is a discussion on Madden Co-op mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Question Madden Co-op mode?

I'm one of the guys who thinks that co-op won't work for football games and thought that the dev time spent on co-op could have been used to complete online franchise mode or fix anything else for that matter. So I'm wondering how's co-op working for you guys? Is it as good as you thought it would be? Are you still using it? I'd be interested to see EA's metrics on co-op use but then again there is noway for me to validate their numbers anyway.

Asking about Online co-op

Last edited by TDKing; 02-25-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Co-op mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I'm one of the guys who thinks that co-op won't work for football games and thought that the dev time spent on co-op could have been used to complete online franchise mode or fix anything else for that matter. So I'm wondering how's co-op working for you guys? Is it as good as you thought it would be? Are you still using it? I'd be interested to see EA's metrics on co-op use but then again there is noway for me to validate their numbers anyway.

Asking about Online co-op
In the first few weeks that Madden was out, Co-Op was NICE... Most all of the people looking for games were aware of their responsibilities. It was the closest thing to real football I'd experienced in a Madden game because of the sense of teamwork and the disappointment when someone fails (namely myself).

Online Co-op is easily the best addition to the game since defensive playmaker... BUT you really find out who knows football and who doesn't. Most people don't.

After about a week and a half of co-op games, the players you don't want on your team caught wind of it and it was almost impossible to find players that knew how to play their positions. Folks started quitting midway thru games, etc....

Where cheesy arcade play fouls the online experience, unskilled players kill the co-op experience. If every Madden player were skilled in the basics, Co-op would be FANTASTIC. But there were so many unskilled players, I stopped playing co-op.

That said, I'd play it again in a heartbeat if I could find a decent team...

Later
Old 02-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I would echo what TNT said... and then add in that players who "know what they are doing" are also often players who want to "cheese."

It was fun for a while, but got old fast. Not because of the mode, but the player base.

There is a phrase "don't hate the player, hate the game." yeah... in this case, i hate the players. They ruin the experience.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

I agree , co-op was good when the game came out, but now it's hard to find anyone who doesn't play selfishly.

In relation to that, ranked head to head online has been a complete mess for me since day 1. I can never find a player that plays fair, always people quitting or doing an obvious 78 fg attempt fake.

Who do you guys play with online that play fair? Or do you guys just play head to head and hope you get lucky?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I agree , co-op was good when the game came out, but now it's hard to find anyone who doesn't play selfishly.

In relation to that, ranked head to head online has been a complete mess for me since day 1. I can never find a player that plays fair, always people quitting or doing an obvious 78 fg attempt fake.

Who do you guys play with online that play fair? Or do you guys just play head to head and hope you get lucky?
I usually hope I just get lucky and find someone that well uses the Giants and never runs the football and ends the game with over 60 ATTs. yea .... Only if there could be Fair Play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

I really like local co-op, but those forced camera angles in the online mode were too much for me, so I never tried them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »