Home

Why is CPU making changes to depth chart?

This is a discussion on Why is CPU making changes to depth chart? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Why is CPU making changes to depth chart?

I started a Franchise controlling all 32 teams and User for all adjustments, such as depth chart, fill roster, etc. Still, I noticed the CPU making changes to the depth chart of a few teams and even releasing a few players! Now, all those things and more are set to User and nothing is set to CPU. So, why is the CPU doing what it's not supposed to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why is CPU making changes to depth chart?

Whenever a new head coach is hired, the settings all default back to cpu controlled, which means you have to cycle through each team and change it back to user if they got a new head coach.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee86
Whenever a new head coach is hired, the settings all default back to cpu controlled, which means you have to cycle through each team and change it back to user if they got a new head coach.
New coach? I started a Franchise controlling all 32 teams and saw this in first few games of season--first year of Franchise. No coach change has occurred.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oh I see, did you cycle through each team to make sure every team is set to user controlled? Otherwise I have no answer for this.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #5
Rookie

I think the CPU plays the best player at that position. I know for the online frans if a game gets simmed the CPU will reorganize the depth chart based on overall.

Example was when Vick was a low overall and kolb was better, any time that the eagles got simmed the CPU automatically put Kolb in unless someone was usering the team. That may be also true for the offline ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxknockbootzx
I think the CPU plays the best player at that position. I know for the online frans if a game gets simmed the CPU will reorganize the depth chart based on overall.

Example was when Vick was a low overall and kolb was better, any time that the eagles got simmed the CPU automatically put Kolb in unless someone was usering the team. That may be also true for the offline ones.
What I saw was in the depth chart before simmimg or playing. I have all functions set to User and can't understand how the CPU released a player or two and changed the depth chart on a few teams. I am supposed to be the only one changing the depth chart. By the way, I do have the best player at every starting position for all teams based on OVR. This is for offline franchise.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always user control all 32 teams and have never seen anything like this. Were you sure to change each teams settings individually? Also, be sure to back out of the setting screen, switch teams and then go back in. There's been a bug that resets all setting when you try to cycle through teams while still in the settings screen.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
I always user control all 32 teams and have never seen anything like this. Were you sure to change each teams settings individually? Also, be sure to back out of the setting screen, switch teams and then go back in. There's been a bug that resets all setting when you try to cycle through teams while still in the settings screen.
I did that, back out of the screen before going to next team. I haven't discovered the CPU doing it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »