Home

Robbed by CPU in Franchise!!!

This is a discussion on Robbed by CPU in Franchise!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Robbed by CPU in Franchise!!!

I just made a trade during the draft using the trade block and traded three of my star players for a first round pick offered by Baltimore. I go back to the draft and sim to my next pick which should have been Blatimores first round and it sims into my next pick in the fourth round?? Basically Baltimore traded me a 1st round pick it had already used so I didn't get it and they got three of my star players for free???? To make things worse the 2 CB's I drafted in the top ten of the first round turned out to be C potential players......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Robbed by CPU in Franchise!!!

this problem has been in the game since ps2
Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

really? that sucks man ive never seen that before... check your franchise options and make sure they are all set to user.. usually when you have to sign a head coach in that offseason, whether it be a new one or your old one, it will change everything back to CPU.. so maybe the CPU did a trade without you knowing?

also none of my business but you had 2 top ten picks? why do you need another 1st round pick? madden franchise is already easy enough..

Last edited by Azcardinal32; 03-05-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Yeah I almost always try to trade out of the first round, players there are much too expensive and especially the top 10 are often loaded with players with nice stats but B potential while you can have a player that's just as good with A potential in the later rounds and you can easily sign him for a cheap long term deal.

And if you scout well you should usually be able to avoid C potential players easily, the Draft is really too easy to dominate as a user.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Always make trades for draft picks during the regular season... BEFORE the post season and drafting phase of the game... This will avoid that bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
also none of my business but you had 2 top ten picks? why do you need another 1st round pick? madden franchise is already easy enough..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
And if you scout well you should usually be able to avoid C potential players easily, the Draft is really too easy to dominate as a user.
Exactly.

Although I'm thinking OP does not know about the draft guide or cheap scouting... where he could just draft all A potential players.

Since he is doing it the "honest" way he has to make trades for first round picks like owners in real life would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Always make trades for draft picks during the regular season... BEFORE the post season and drafting phase of the game... This will avoid that bug.
I always make a ton of trades on draft day and never encountered that bug. I mean, since there's no possibility to know in advance when a player will be drafted save for looking up the classes (very realistic... it's not like there's a whole community of draftniks doing nothing else all year but trying to predict who will be taken when...) how else can I make sure I get the players I want in advance?

But what I usually do is that once the draft starts, I look for the players I want, make a list, compare it to my picks and then make a couple of specific trades trying to get into the positions I want, since that usually happens during the first round and I'm mostly trading up and down picks for round 3-5, sometimes 2, that helps avoid such bugs.

Or simply look up what pick it is before making a trade...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

Exactly.

Although I'm thinking OP does not know about the draft guide or cheap scouting... where he could just draft all A potential players.

Since he is doing it the "honest" way he has to make trades for first round picks like owners in real life would.
As far as having three first round draft picks I was way over salary cap so I traded players for picks. I also understand a lot of people here saying drafting talent is easy, I use the scouting team that allows me to scout 18 players at a time and I use the info I scout and the talent WEB to decide who I'm going to draft.
Is there other things you guys are looking at when drafting players to help you decide their potential?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
As far as having three first round draft picks I was way over salary cap so I traded players for picks. I also understand a lot of people here saying drafting talent is easy, I use the scouting team that allows me to scout 18 players at a time and I use the info I scout and the talent WEB to decide who I'm going to draft.
Is there other things you guys are looking at when drafting players to help you decide their potential?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...***-guide.html

(SPOILERS)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »