Home

On-side kick bug? (PC version)

This is a discussion on On-side kick bug? (PC version) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2003, 12:56 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 17
On-side kick bug? (PC version)

Don't know how many people have tried an onside kick. I was down 2 TD's with 4 minutes to go. Ran an effective 2 minute drill to score a TD with about 1.5 minutes left. Tried an onside kick (without having practiced it at all) and it was horrible... went about 4 yards downfield and one of my linemen picked it up. So I thought... redo kick once like they do in the NFL.. nope, the refs GAVE ME THE BALL. Even Madden and Michaels made some comment about how rare it is to get an onside kick.

So has anyone tried an onside kick and come across this problem? By the way, I took the ball, scored and won in OT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: On-side kick bug? (PC version)

No one's tried a single onside kick yet?
Old 08-20-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: On-side kick bug? (PC version)

I also had some strangeness occur with an onside kick on the PC version. Same setting as yours. I kicked it too short and one of my players picked up the ball. Instead of keeping the ball, as is the case in your scenario, the opposing team got the ball ... on their own 30 yard line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »